DIR- GUE SPG HP hose configuration on deco cylinder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

galodoido

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am just wondering what's an easy way to tie the SPG HP hose to keep it bent with the gauge facing up and near the first stage on a deco cylinder. I've followed the instructions on this website below:

However, I've found that, with bungee being elastic, it's pretty hard to make it tight enough so that it keeps the gauge in position when the hose is pressurized (i.e. the hose pushes the bungee away from the first stage).

Do you guys just use cave line and tie it in a permanent way? Would that damage the hose somehow? I had the impression that the right thing to do would be to let the hose hang when not in use to prevent damage from bending.

I would appreciate pictures so I have a better idea of what I should do.

I use flex hoses and that guide works perfectly.

I am just wondering what's an easy way to tie the SPG HP hose to keep it bent with the gauge facing up and near the first stage on a deco cylinder. I've followed the instructions on this website below:

However, I've found that, with bungee being elastic, it's pretty hard to make it tight enough so that it keeps the gauge in position when the hose is pressurized (i.e. the hose pushes the bungee away from the first stage).

Do you guys just use cave line and tie it in a permanent way? Would that damage the hose somehow? I had the impression that the right thing to do would be to let the hose hang when not in use to prevent damage from bending.

I would appreciate pictures so I have a better idea of what I should do.

Cave line or a very tight bungee is ok.

Letting it hang when not in use is actually worse because you are constantly rebending the hose at different angles and points every time you dive. Best to bend it once and leave it.

I use caveline and route it between the valve and the regulator (mk20/25/5). If you leave it hanging it will be catching on everything when clipping them on the dring especially when you have another stage there.

One approach is to tie the bungee in place rather than try to guess a perfect loop size that can be installed after the fact.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom