Belize Water Temps?? (Dec 2010)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Does anyone have a recent water temp report for diving around the Blue Hole? I'm trying to figure out which wetsuit to bring.

Thanks.

78 or so.

Thanks Hank! I'm going on the Aggressor on Jan 8... I was figuring it was around 78. :)

I was at the Elbow last week. The tide had dropped earlier and dumped a lot of green water from the lagoon there that had cooled a lot faster in the cold air we've been getting. It was about 3 degrees cooler than the clear seawater.
There was on obvious line where the currents met. We swam out of the green and into crystal blue water, that thankfully was a bit warmer. Lot of fish were right there too. From bait fish up to big snappers, grouper, permit. Really nice. have a good time !!

If you get out anytime this week... let me know the latest temps.. if you don't mind :)

I'll be there on Friday, but on the barrier reef up here (San Pedro) it's dropped to 77f. Distinctly chilly, at any rate for us.

77 is chilly for me too! That's why im keeping an eye on it. So I know how much exposure protection to bring. :)

Haven't been out for almost two weeks. Work. I'll check this weekend. Our inshore water that we pump into the hatchery is COLD now. But the water outside the reef doesn't cool near as quickly.

We're going on the Aggressor early in February, so I'm interested in temp updates too! I'm tentatively planning to bring my 5mm suit and beanie, and maybe a 2.5mm vest as well.
Thanks!

We're going on the Aggressor early in February, so I'm interested in temp updates too! I'm tentatively planning to bring my 5mm suit and beanie, and maybe a 2.5mm vest as well.
Thanks!

I would guess the 5mm will be good enough. I wear a 3mm vest and a 3.5 full and I'm toasty warm with that in the coldest months here. But, it won't hurt to bring the vest.

Back
Top Bottom