Belize Water Temps?? (Dec 2010)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want quiet and good diving you should consider Turneffe Island Resort. It's right near the Elbow, or the south tip of Turneffe. That's my favorite spot and i get out there a couple times per month. I live near Dangriga.

There is also Marisol Resort on Glover's Reef. It's owned by a local family in Dangriga. Perhaps a little more rustic but nice rooms, good food and really good diving.
Both Turneffe and Glovers are offshore islands with not much to do but dive, eat and sleep.
As far as San Pedro, I haven't lived there for almost 10 years but there has been more development to the north. I'm not sure of the names of the places up there. PM Peterbj7. He lives in San Pedro and is happy to help.
You can rent golf carts to get around. I used to run the shrimp hatchery that was built at Bacolar Chico. It' a nice area but it's 12 miles from San Pedro town. There is a resort up there now too.

For me, 5 mm but I'm a wimp.
I use a 3 mm hooded vest and 3.5 full suit right now. Very comfortable.
Canadians and other crazy people would use a 2 mm vest. :D

I know someone from the US PNW who always wears shorts & teeshirt.

For one dive, they'd probably make it. But sitting on the boat on a North wind day out at Turneffe or Lighthouse, waiting for the 3rd dive of the day. I've seen grown men cry....haha.
I don't know why, but multiple dives over multiple days gets me colder and colder.

Back
Top Bottom