Belize in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaGoran

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi divers,

My wife and I are planning a trip to Belize end of January for 10 days. We will be in San Pedro for 5 days starting on the 28th.

I dive, she doesn't.

Anyone with a similar situations?

Hi

many people come to Ambergris with one a diver and the ohter a non diver, if thats the combination then Ambergris is perfect.

What does your wife like to do while you are diving ???? let me know and I can advise.

Where will you be staying ???

regards

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

I think we have most of our trip planned out fairly well, the trick is trying to figure out what she can do while I’m underwater. One thought is she can tag along and snorkel, but I’m not sure if that is feasible with most dive sites. I definitely want to do take here along on a Blue Hole trip, we figured she can snorkel while I’m diving, is that typically done?

We are staying at Banana Beach for five days and then heading inland to San Ignacio.

Goran

Hi Goran

Combining Snorkeling and diving is not really possible with the exception of the inside of Hol chan reserve.
The water is about 60ft or so when you dive so no real snorkeling available however bannana beach has a nice pool she can lay around or head into towm (rent her a golf cart to get about) the good thing about diving Ambergris is you normally come back inbetween dives as the divesites are only 5-10 minutes away with the exception of sites way north or south.

She could definately go along on the Blue Hole trip as the snorkeling is EXCELLENT around the perimeter of the Blue Hole plus the other 2 sites the water starts off in just 20ft and lots to see for a snorkeler.

Have a great trip sounds like you have it covered.

Dive Safe

Gaz

Thanks Gaz for the info.

I was checking out your web site and it looks like you have a pretty nice set up. You offer a Blur Hole trip, can you fill me in with details?

Goran

I dove in Belize in September. Even though we got hit with the remnants of Isadore, it was truly amazing for diving. My friend Heather and I went on a day-dive to the Blue Hole. Best diving experience I've ever had. Truly unbelievable. About twenty 10-foot reef sharks came by to see what we were up to. We had about 5 snorkelers with us on the trip. They had a good time snorkeling, but it was clearly the divers who made out better (seeing every kind of fish imaginable, as well as turtles, stingrays and dolphins) between the Blue Hole and the other 2 dives we did that day (at the "Aquarium" and the 2-wall dive).

Have a great time. We're deciding between Belize, Costa Rica and Thailand for our next trip in late Jan/early Feb. (Have already been to Belize and Thailand... leaning toward Costa Rica this time).

Best,
Tiffany

Thanks for the info.

Costa Rica sounds wonderful, I hope you have great trip. If you decide on Belize instead let me know and maybe we can dive together.

Goran

Back
Top Bottom