Belize Aggressor IV mooring breaks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone have an update?

Boat is up and running.

The week I was on BA3 (week of 9/21/2024), BA4 had alot of issues. Passengers reported the following:

1. They did not make the Blue Hole
2. The compressor went down and they lost dives
3. They had no AC

I had an AMAZING time on the BA3 and I need to put my trip review on here - but the BA3 CREW - simply fantastic!!!!!

We were scheduled on the BAIV in June. As we got closer to our date and it still wasn’t back in service, I was quietly hoping they would cancel. Given how long it took to get back into service, I surely didn’t want to be on the “shakedown” cruise.

As I said earlier in the thread, Aggressor wired our funds back to our account within a few days of the actual cancellation. I’m glad it’s back in the water. It was a really nice LOB (we had been on it before).

What are you doing to "clean up the airfare"?

Thanks!

Our trip insurance did end up covering our full airfare. They originally were only going to cover change fees with us stuck with airline vouchers on an airline and timeframe we wouldn’t be able to use before expiration. I had to send them a blurb from their own website “reminding customers to insure all their non-refundable costs” along with the airfare receipt that clearly stated that our tickets were non-refundable. Lol…they relented and compensated us for the full airfare as long as we agreed not to use the vouchers. It was actually kind of funny in the end. 😊

Do you have any notion of who was captain on the BA4?

I didn't meet any of the BA4 crew but the trip log is published and says Dennis.

Reading it now to see if it mentioned any of the mishaps

I didn't meet any of the BA4 crew but the trip log is published and says Dennis.
Thanks.

We sailed with Dennis on the first of three trips on the BA4. Nice guy.

It was a different captain who put us on the reef.

I had an AMAZING time on the BA3 and I need to put my trip review on here - but the BA3 CREW - simply fantastic!!!!!
I'd be very interested to read your trip review with respect to the condition of coral and fish life.

When we were there in September, it was quite underwhelming.

I'd be very interested to read your trip review with respect to the condition of coral and fish life.

When we were there in September, it was quite underwhelming.

Posted new threrad! Basically, same issues as any other Caribbean destination.

But at least the bloodworm population was thriving, let me tell ya!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom