Question Belize Aggressor III vs T&C Aggressor II vs Cayman Aggressor IV, May 13-20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swamster

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks,
I've been going through the forums and threads and have found plenty of great advice and info, which has helped me narrow down my choices. I'd love to get a little more input to make my final decision.

I'm an experienced diver (200+ dives) and I've done several liveaboards in the past (Cocos, Raja Ampat, Maldives, Komodo, Similans..) although my last liveaboard trip was in 2015. I'm an avid (but definitely amateur) photographer with a decent UW rig, so having great opportunities for UW photography, especially macro stuff, is an important factor in making my decision as well. I was considering a Socorro liveaboard trip but I've done Cocos before and for this trip I'd prefer healthy corals and plenty of critters over the Socorro seascape and its more physically challenging dives.

My dates are set for May 13-20 this year, and I've narrowed my choices down to Belize Aggressor III, Turks & Caicos Aggressor II, and Cayman Aggressor IV liveaboards, and I'm also considering the T&C Explorer II liveaboard. I haven't been to any of these places before.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice that could nudge me towards making my decision. Thanks so much in advance!

Sun Dancer 2 (now Belize Aggressor IV) May 2015 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...ving-belize-via-sun-dancer-2-may-2nd-9th.html

Cayman Aggressor IV May 2016 - Trip Report - Cayman Aggressor IV Trip May 2016

Turks & Caicos Aggressor II Report Apr. 2018 - Trip Report - Turks & Caicos Aggressor II 4/21-4/28 Trip Report
Turks & Caicos Research Notes - Turks & Caicos Research Notes

Enjoyed all. Thought diving at the 1st two was better than T&C. T&C diving seemed to average deeper, as the wall started deeper. Caymans had some wreck diving; don't recall that from Belize.

People tend to hope the Cayman Aggressor will do a few dives at Grand Cayman, make it over the Little Cayman for most of the diving, and get 2 dives on a famous wreck off Cayman Brac. But from what I hear, they often don't make that crossing.

Since Little Cayman's Bloody Bay Wall and Jackson Bight area is held out as amongst the best of Caribbean diving per some attestations, it seems a safer bet to stay at a land-based dive resort on Little Cayman, such as Little Cayman Beach Resort.

Of your 3, I'd lean toward the Belize Aggressors. I'm not a macro-focused diver; someone who is might have a different opinion.

I have been to all three locations on Aggressor boats. Twice to Belize, three to Caymans, and 13 times to Turks. On Caymans the best diving is little Cayman. If the seas are 6 feet or higher they were not making the crossing.
Turks diving is deep and is great for large fish like sharks. I like wide angle so I keep going back.

Belize is more of macro with some large fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom