Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm $650 for some flashing lights ... or down payment on a NERD2????
Don’t want a Nerd right now. Seems like it would be too much in the way.

Don’t want a Nerd right now. Seems like it would be too much in the way.
You will be very happy with your blinky HUD.. There are times when all you need is your blinky hud.

You might not be in this exact situation, but I was in a very confined cave passage and my buddy who had gone before me silted the the tunnel out with clay silt. It was to the point I could not see my computer if it was literally pressed against my mask. With a simple flick of the HUD I was able to have it press directly against the glass of my mask and even though I could not physically READ anything, I could see that my PPO2 was good to go. Needless to say it was a comforting feeling that I knew my loop was good and I was good.

Not to say that happens all the time, but when you need it, you need it. I could see you enjoying one of your awesome wreck dives and the viz getting blown out. Adjust your HUD a tad bit and carry on. Your CCR gives you the comfort of knowing you have time to sort out your situation and that little blinky HUD gives you comfort in knowing your loop is good.

Since people have been asking for the breakdown.

8A06D60E-2825-47BC-A93F-514157A7D9BC.jpeg

You will be very happy with your blinky HUD.. There are times when all you need is your blinky hud.

You might not be in this exact situation, but I was in a very confined cave passage and my buddy who had gone before me silted the the tunnel out with clay silt. It was to the point I could not see my computer if it was literally pressed against my mask. With a simple flick of the HUD I was able to have it press directly against the glass of my mask and even though I could not physically READ anything, I could see that my PPO2 was good to go. Needless to say it was a comforting feeling that I knew my loop was good and I was good.

Not to say that happens all the time, but when you need it, you need it. I could see you enjoying one of your awesome wreck dives and the viz getting blown out. Adjust your HUD a tad bit and carry on. Your CCR gives you the comfort of knowing you have time to sort out your situation and that little blinky HUD gives you comfort in knowing your loop is good.

Now I need to find a mount for the Fathom blinky HUD to fit my Kiss DSV. The one Fathom sells fits the Shrimp DSV/BOV.

Now I need to find a mount for the Fathom blinky HUD to fit my Kiss DSV. The one Fathom sells fits the Shrimp DSV/BOV.
Ahhhhh, that makes sense and I didn't even think of it because mine is a Skrimp.

Zip ties and/or duck tape. That fixes everything.

Ahhhhh, that makes sense and I didn't even think of it because mine is a Skrimp.

Neither did I! Posted in a Kiss group on FB. We’ll see what they come up with.

A guy just posted a link for his business selling bits and bobs on the Kiss FB group and there is a 3D printed mount that looks like it may be a possibility. I’ll check into it more later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom