Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very cool. Please make sure to start a forum post about that adventure. I keep kicking around the idea of CCR... Just not sure what model I would use. JJ or Megs and rEvo as those are what is used by most of the group I run with.

Very cool. Please make sure to start a forum post about that adventure. I keep kicking around the idea of CCR... Just not sure what model I would use. JJ or Megs and rEvo as those are what is used by most of the group I run with.
I’ll just keep adding to this one.

Approximately $10K for unit and initial training.

I hope I don’t have to wait until September for it to ship. Going to be hard to wait! I expect the Petrel computers are the components most in short supply. DGX’s website says they have no idea when they will ship again.

Just pasting my FB post here so I don’t have to type everything again. 🙃

Woo hoo! Just placed order (deposit a few days ago got me a spot in line) for my rebreather. Since everyone wants to know specifics: Kiss Spirit (mCCR). Steel frame. Insulated canisters. No color besides the basic black. $300 for colored ones. I’m already colorful enough in my pretty purple drysuit. Adding more purple would make me look like a giant underwater grape! 🍇😝 4 pin Petrel (Kiss has some in stock and has put one aside for me. Shearwaters in extremely short supply due to lack of displays). Extra 4 pin connector. I’ll add a Fathom blinky HUD, and maybe eventually a Nerd. 2 O2 cylinders. There’s a nice AL14 that fits well within Spirit frame. I’ll have to drive an hour for fills. Spares kit. The shop has to get back with me on the cost for the extra 4 pin connector, but I have a good idea of what the damage will be. 😁 Shipping date unknown at this time. Woot!

Just pasting my FB post here so I don’t have to type everything again. 🙃

Woo hoo! Just placed order (deposit a few days ago got me a spot in line) for my rebreather. Since everyone wants to know specifics: Kiss Spirit (mCCR). Steel frame. Insulated canisters. No color besides the basic black. $300 for colored ones. I’m already colorful enough in my pretty purple drysuit. Adding more purple would make me look like a giant underwater grape! 🍇😝 4 pin Petrel (Kiss has some in stock and has put one aside for me. Shearwaters in extremely short supply due to lack of displays). Extra 4 pin connector. I’ll add a Fathom blinky HUD, and maybe eventually a Nerd. 2 O2 cylinders. There’s a nice AL14 that fits well within Spirit frame. I’ll have to drive an hour for fills. Spares kit. The shop has to get back with me on the cost for the extra 4 pin connector, but I have a good idea of what the damage will be. 😁 Shipping date unknown at this time. Woot!

You are going to love your mCCR., and your blinky Fathom HUD.. Congrats!

Final damage is $8500. That includes shipping and about $450 in sales tax. Initial training is $1600 (I had $1800 on the brain). Add $650ish for Fathom blinky hud.

Looking like late summer from what Kiss told the shop when my order was confirmed today. Instructor’s summer schedule is packed for months anyway (she’s a maritime archaeologist for the state of WI and summer is busy with field work). Just going to have fun diving my brains out this summer. Wrecks! Already have a number of charters scheduled out of Milwaukee.

Local quarry opens Saturday. I’m mentoring a buddy starting SM and a WI buddy is coming down to dive with me Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom