Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @Marie13

I did PADI DPV in 2004. I have never purchased my own DPV but have rented one several times. The certification was often needed to avoid having to do a guided dive prior to independent use.

Maybe you'll use a DPV for some of your wreck dives, particularly the larger ships

Hi @Marie13

I did PADI DPV in 2004. I have never purchased my own DPV but have rented one several times. The certification was often needed to avoid having to do a guided dive prior to independent use.

Maybe you'll use a DPV for some of your wreck dives, particularly the larger ships

I’ve got access to scooters - friends have offered use of theirs - but I didn’t feel comfortable using one “cold,” so I decided to take the class.

Decided to do a recreational DPV class for something fun. 😁This is my first experience with PADI eLearning. I am laughing my ass off through the entire thing. My previous recreational classes (except ice diving) were SDI. Tech has been all TDI. So that's the eLearning I'm used to. Divers on scooters with snorkels (the last time I used a snorkel was 2017) and everyone with brightly colored split fins. 😂🤣 Using the cutesy spelling of "tec" for "tech" that makes my teeth itch. Extremely perky would probably be the best way to describe the whole thing. 😝😂🤣

And I found some other funny stuff. In one place it said a scooter is a MODEST investment. Yet in another place it said a scooter is a CONSIDERABLE investment. Make up your damn mind! 🤣😂🤦‍♀️ Then there’s the repeated “don’t forget your snorkel!”

No dorkel! I already told the instructor that. Dorkels and long hoses don’t mix.
Probably all "pretty" people pictures/videos too.:rolleyes:

Hey, my split fins were tec-compliant black:cool:(ish - Atomic stiff SmOTW w/ gray highlights). I've moved, on but they are perfectly good for rec.:p

Snorkel in pocket or hose-retainer holster. Can come in handy for swim-of-shame.:snorkels: I will admit, less functional for troglodite endeavors.:poke:

Looks like fun to me. I need to try it sometime. Wondering if I can get Medicare approval for one as a mobility assistance device in a decade or so ... :)

"Perky" is definitely the word to describe the tone of PADI materials! Though I heard it gets a little more sober in their tech (or "tec") manuals.

Well…looks like I may be going CCR earlier than I had planned. It’s the damn helium shortage. I was texting with my instructor today about it for AN/Helitrox class days in the late spring/summer. All of a sudden lots of folks are coming up short or have no clue if they’ll be able to get more. She suggested it might be the time to go CCR now and then go deeper later. I totally agree. We’re going to talk very soon. Kiss has a 3-5 month lead time right now, depending on unit. I’m ready to order. I’ve been stuffing the scuba fund big time.

I’m excited! More adventures! And not having to worry about helium is nice. It was starting to stress me out. I pass an Airgas location on my daily commute. I was sending up a prayer to the helium gods every time I saw it! 🤣😂

Well…looks like I may be going CCR earlier than I had planned. It’s the damn helium shortage. I was texting with my instructor today about it for AN/Helitrox class days in the late spring/summer. All of a sudden lots of folks are coming up short or have no clue if they’ll be able to get more. She suggested it might be the time to go CCR now and then go deeper later. I totally agree. We’re going to talk very soon. Kiss has a 3-5 month lead time right now, depending on unit. I’m ready to order. I’ve been stuffing the scuba fund big time.
Maybe I missed the post but you have decided on the Kiss model? or are you still in the looking?

Maybe I missed the post but you have decided on the Kiss model? or are you still in the looking?

Yes, I’ve decided on the Kiss unit. There’s a good sized community that dives Kiss that I’m a part of. My dive tribe is essentially WI divers with a few IL folks thrown in. I’m still in IL due to work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom