Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, @-JD- it is confusing. I posted the photo on the official Kiss divers group on FB. Tony Land, think he was affiliated with DiveTech on Grand Cayman, thinks it might need a rebuild.

Got longer Allen keys and got the lever out. Inner barrel now out. Hard to see in photo, but there is an indentation that supposed to go under round hole under mouthpiece so water can be purged out when it’s closed. That indentation somehow moved and got under the channel for the DSV lever, allowing water in. The general consensus is that the inner barrel was installed upside down.

I’m very lucky in my WI buddies. One of them is loaning me his spare DSV so I don’t have to cancel my trip.

Doing up an email to Kiss now.
IMG_2828.jpeg

Yes, @-JD- it is confusing. I posted the photo on the official Kiss divers group on FB. Tony Land, think he was affiliated with DiveTech on Grand Cayman, thinks it might need a rebuild.

Got longer Allen keys and got the lever out. Inner barrel now out. Hard to see in photo, but there is an indentation that supposed to go under round hole under mouthpiece so water can be purged out when it’s closed. That indentation somehow moved and got under the channel for the DSV lever, allowing water in. The general consensus is that the inner barrel was installed upside down.

I’m very lucky in my WI buddies. One of them is loaning me his spare DSV so I don’t have to cancel my trip.

Doing up an email to Kiss now.
View attachment 786377
Has the barrel been out or the BOV been rebuilt since it left the factory?

Has the barrel been out or the BOV been rebuilt since it left the factory?

Nope. I’d never even taken the mushroom valves out of DSV. It’s not a BOV.

Emailed Lynnette, the awesome Kiss office manager, this morning and within 30 min I had the return form. She said she’d have the guys have at DSV and get it back to me quickly. I’m shipping it out tomorrow

Turns out sand had gotten inside of my DSV and scratched the interior. Kiss got it yesterday and turned it around already to ship back out to me today. WI buddies said they’re going to show me how to take care of that myself in the future. Sand was something I didn’t expect!

Turns out sand had gotten inside of my DSV and scratched the interior. Kiss got it yesterday and turned it around already to ship back out to me today. WI buddies said they’re going to show me how to take care of that myself in the future. Sand was something I didn’t expect!

Feeling a deep, obligatory, ScubaBoard compulsion to complain about careless divers with dangling $hit, dragging their mouthpieces in the sand, banging up the reef, etc. It isn't working for me somehow, and I can't seem to figure out quite why ... 😁 :wink:

And I found the IP gauge I couldn’t find yesterday when looking for something else!

Does this mean you now have a spare?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom