Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ran up to WI after work (two hours each way) and a buddy who tinkers a lot showed me how to use an IP gauge and a flow meter. IP on the O2 first stage was 160ish and leaky valve flow rate was .8. Both got adjusted to 145 and .7. Buddy offered to send me his stuff and walk me through it via video call, but I preferred an in person session. All set to dive this weekend and I don’t lose any dives.

Unless you know why IP was at 160, you should get the reg rebuilt soon.

It’s essentially new. Got the CCR last September and it sat for 4 months over the winter.

It’s essentially new. Got the CCR last September and it sat for 4 months over the winter.
Still, IP does not just change for no reason. 160 is more than a little out of tune. You are right, probably not wear and tear, possibly something defective. Either it was out to start with, or has drifted more than 10% in 8 months.

It was fine the week before. I’ll be diving shallow (20ft) this weekend and I’ll go from there.

I ran up to WI after work (two hours each way) and a buddy who tinkers a lot showed me how to use an IP gauge and a flow meter. IP on the O2 first stage was 160ish and leaky valve flow rate was .8. Both got adjusted to 145 and .7. Buddy offered to send me his stuff and walk me through it via video call, but I preferred an in person session. All set to dive this weekend and I don’t lose any dives.
Are you serious, that with all your technical and cave training, you never learned to use an IP gauge until last week?

I have none of that technical training, but it is very surprising to me that this is not a part of the standard training, but that is just an assumption on my part.

I have none of that technical training, but it is very surprising to me that this is not a part of the standard training, but that is just an assumption on my part.

Cave was all OC. My regs are serviced annually and were working fine. My CCR worked fine during class and up until last weekend. Again, no need to mess with it. Even if I had an IP gauge, I didn’t have a flow meter. That’s what the buddies are for. Flow meter, an IP gauge, and spanners are on the shopping list. I’ve got two WI buddies I can literally ask any question of, however seemingly stupid. They both took the KISS service class a few years back, as well.

Buddy who helped me yesterday doesn’t like the Wells Marine O2 first stage Kiss has standard on their units. He got a barely used unit last year and switched the reg out for a Dive Rite. He sold me the Wells Marine one for $50. Too bad I didn’t think of it yesterday, but he’s dropping it in the mail and I’ll have it Friday. So I’ll have a spare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom