Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fanning’s spring boil is only 14ft deep, but it looks deeper in the photos. Really nice place for dives when you want to practice something or a nice shallow place for newer OW divers. First photo is me uw with manatees in the distance.

2773DE9D-F54C-433E-8064-8F3D4E494AD4.jpeg
FC481506-5517-4BA7-ABB8-48ED703A4BF3.jpeg
648F3B5F-BD18-4B50-A141-549D9D8B4F9B.jpeg

Have you dove the catfish hole at Manitee Springs yet? I got to snorkel in the spring just before covid but couldn't dive without a buddy, and couldn't dive the hole without certs anyway.

(Did someone leave cave line in that Fanning Spring.)

Have you dove the catfish hole at Manitee Springs yet? I got to snorkel in the spring just before covid but couldn't dive without a buddy, and couldn't dive the hole without certs anyway.

(Did someone leave cave line in that Fanning Spring.)

Haven’t dived Manatee. Instructor I was working with ran a reel around the boil at Fanning for a line to dive along. It was removed when we were done.

Haven’t dived Manatee. Instructor I was working with ran a reel around the boil at Fanning for a line to dive along. It was removed when we were done.
Oh, good. I figured if it was yours', you'd remove it. I've encountered abandoned cave line a few times in some lakes here near Detroit and Lansing. It turns green with algae and then becomes invisible in bad vis.

Got the B*tch in the water for the first time in two months today. I was asked if I wanted to join a pool session with the local shop I patronize and I jumped at it.

I’ve switched to my 50s. So much nicer than the single 40 I trained with. Four pounds of lead gone and they’re staying butt down as God intended. Rigged them as I did for OC SM and no tweaks needed other than right loop bungee needs to be a bit longer. Bottom leashes are clipped to the Dive Rite tech buttplate I added to the B*tch. Switched drysuit inflator coming off BO reg 5th port on right side. Just like I had it routed for OC SM. Much cleaner than coming off the left. I use my wing for buoyancy, not drysuit, so I don’t use a lot of suit gas.

The 50s came with a really crappy pair of SM valves. Short handwheels and neck. Had them switched out at VIP time the XS Scuba modular valves with Vindicator handwheels. I have these on my 85s. Heaven. 🤣 So much nicer.

Another one or two pool sessions before the local quarry opens sometime in April.

I’m doing a maritime archaeology/underwater archaeology class through my local uw archaeology group (Great Lakes wrecks). It’s through a partnership with the Nautical Archaeology Society in the UK. I’m halfway through the eLearning and underwater portion is sometime in May. I’ve wanted to do this for a LONG time, but schedules never matched up. Diving portion will be at a local quarry.

I’m doing a maritime archaeology/underwater archaeology class through my local uw archaeology group (Great Lakes wrecks). It’s through a partnership with the Nautical Archaeology Society in the UK. I’m halfway through the eLearning and underwater portion is sometime in May. I’ve wanted to do this for a LONG time, but schedules never matched up. Diving portion will be at a local quarry.
That sounds awesome, Marie! I have been thinking about doing the same thing with Diving With a Purpose down in the Keys. Now, if I could just find an affordable hotel room down there...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom