Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That sounds awesome, Marie! I have been thinking about doing the same thing with Diving With a Purpose down in the Keys. Now, if I could just find an affordable hotel room down there...

Ugh. That’s not an issue I have to worry about. Local quarry is 90 min away.

I’m also now volunteering as an editor with the Wisconsin Historical Society (a state agency). My cave/CCR instructor is one of their maritime archaeologists (she’s the one who discovered the multiple very old Native American dugout canoes in Lake Mendota, in Madison, WI). I’m editing field reports and the like. My work schedule doesn’t allow me to volunteer as a diver (field work is always during the week and sometimes there’s not a ton of notice), but I *can* volunteer as an editor. My skills are much appreciated, and it’s fun working on this stuff I’d have read anyway. I’m a shipwreck nerd. 😁

Took the Bitch diving at opening weekend at local quarry. Nice hour dive. Nothing leaked on her. She-P didn’t leak. Viz was very bad. I went to my happy place (big platform) and spent the entire dive working on skills. Viz was maybe 5 ft. An OW and tech class came by. OC people are LOUD, especially when there’s a bunch at once.😁 OW instructor told me after he thought the platform was empty from the surface. Haha, no bubbles. 🤣😁

Took the Bitch diving at opening weekend at local quarry. Nice hour dive. Nothing leaked on her. She-P didn’t leak. Viz was very bad. I went to my happy place (big platform) and spent the entire dive working on skills. Viz was maybe 5 ft. An OW and tech class came by. OC people are LOUD, especially when there’s a bunch at once.😁 OW instructor told me after he thought the platform was empty from the surface. Haha, no bubbles. 🤣😁
What was the water temp?

Had a decent dive today. Water has warmed up to 51 (was 49 last weekend). Viz still sucks big time. Went to my usual happy place, trying to decide if my weighting was acceptable to leave for a while. 22 lbs with a pair of LP50s for dil and bail out. Thought it was still a bit heavy last weekend, but I added my Fourth Element X-core vest which requires 2 lbs. With the vest, it feels pretty good.

Ended dive after 40 minutes. I was planning on going for an hour. I think I didn’t quite close my zipper as both feet got pretty wet, but it was a gradual thing, not a flood.

My po2 also kept creeping above .8 (was diving it at .7) - .81-.86ish. I’d do two dil flushes in a row and that would put it back down too .7 something, but only for a few minutes. I’m going to take my O2 first stage to the local shop to have them check the IP. If I have to, I’ll run the first stage and MAV up to Madison to instructor’s shop. Need to get it fixed now. I’ve got the in-water portion of my underwater archaeology class Memorial Day weekend and a Great Lakes wreck diving trip in the Straits of Mackinac in four weeks.

The Bitch attracts a lot of attention at the quarry, in a good way. Great conversation starter. Lots of questions. Gasps when their “how much?” gets answered. 😁 It’s fun. 🤣 If they keep talking while I’m doing prebreathe, I tell them I’ll talk when I’m done. Then they just stand there and watch me doing prebreathe. 😂

... and a Great Lakes wreck diving trip in the Straits of Mackinac in four weeks.
I'm jealous,,,,You are gonna love that trip. I've had alot of fun dives up there.

I'm jealous,,,,You are gonna love that trip. I've had alot of fun dives up there.

I’ve been up there twice before for dive trips. Plus, I’m off to Alpena in September (I was there in 2018 for my first dive trip). That September trip is on @Tracy ’s boat - with a diver lift! My knees will be so happy! 😁

The Straits are going to be shallower as there are some newer divers, but that’s OK. Will be fun introducing newbies to the delights of Great Lakes wreck diving and gets me back on the Lakes. It’s been three years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom