Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice 50ish min dive at Peacock I today with @Manatee Diver. Got about 900 ft in (yay, thirds!). Finally got to see the Bone Shelf. Ran into @stuartv before dive. Had a nice chat with another Midwestern diver. Luraville for lunch after. Ham sandwich is to die for.

Nice 50ish min dive at Peacock I today with @Manatee Diver. Got about 900 ft in (yay, thirds!). Finally got to see the Bone Shelf. Ran into @stuartv before dive. Had a nice chat with another Midwestern diver. Luraville for lunch after. Ham sandwich is to die for.
Crowded or not? Manatees around?

Crowded or not? Manatees around?

I’ve never heard of real manatees at Peacock. 🤣😂 There were a couple of classes going on and some fun divers. Expect there will be more out of towners this weekend and through New Year’s. My WI cave/CCR instructor is doing a full cave class.

Had a good trip. On my way back north, stopped for the night in Nashville.

I only did 4 dives. One OW CCR dive at Troy, two cave dives at Peacock, and then an OW OC dive at Fanning Spring. My ears were bothering me big time on the last Peacock dive, so no cave dives after that. The back and forth from CCR to OC SM has gotten me somewhat discombobulated, so I just wanted a change to swim around on OC and work some kinks out. We saw manatees! The park ranger told us about them when we checked in at Fanning. We saw them from the surface inside the barrier and then from a distance underwater while they were outside the barrier in the spring run. That was fun - even though I’d said earlier I wasn’t interested in manatees. Not enough to make a side trip to see them, but since they were where I already was, yes, I wanted to see them. We got some up close photos by putting the camera in the water from the floating dock when the manatees were inside the barrier. When we saw them uw, we could see there were three.
3FD34FB6-4CA9-47D6-AD7E-65B0DEC7CE7C.jpeg
46C17055-5127-4D76-B24A-74B9BC49C5BF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom