Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My adjusted O2 first stage worked just fine today. PO2 stayed where it should. And my feet didn’t get soaked like last weekend, so I must have left zipper open just a wee bit.

Underwater archaeology class was a bust. Bad viz, new dive site that had too long of a walk for my bum knees. Buoyancy really off today. Not sure why. Nothing was changed. Did one of the two dives. I packed up and left while class was in the water for second dive. I was utterly bored while everyone was working on site sketch together. Realized while I love looking at wrecks and reading about their history, measuring and drawing them is a massive bore. Waste of time and money.

Debating whether to go to usual site on Monday to mooch around. I’m at just under 17 hours on the unit.

Underwater archaeology class was a bust. Bad viz, new dive site that had too long of a walk for my bum knees. Buoyancy really off today. Not sure why. Nothing was changed Did one of the two dives. I packed up and left while class was in the water for second dive. I was utterly bored while everyone was working on site sketch together. Realized while I love looking at wrecks and reading about their history, measuring and drawing them is a massive bore. Waste of time and money.

Debating whether to go to usual site on Monday to mooch around. I’m at just under 17 hours on the unit.

Yeah I don’t think I’d have interest in that outside of something I discovered perhaps. We got to hit up a relatively seldom dove wreck today, usually paired with a deep tech site but today got to double dip on the wreck. Buoyancy at the bottom felt great, but in the strong current and bobbing on the line didn’t feel so great.

Yeah I don’t think I’d have interest in that outside of something I discovered perhaps. We got to hit up a relatively seldom dove wreck today, usually paired with a deep tech site but today got to double dip on the wreck. Buoyancy at the bottom felt great, but in the strong current and bobbing on the line didn’t feel so great.

I’m up to Madison next weekend to dive with friends in Lake Mendota where their dive club is having a cookout. Viz is great in the spring than gets really bad. No $20-$25 site fee, doesn’t require a hotel stay like Wazee (which is four hours from me) as it’s only two hours.

Straits of Mackinac wreck diving weekend the 17th and 18th. Can’t wait.

Underwater archaeology class was a bust. Bad viz, new dive site that had too long of a walk for my bum knees. Buoyancy really off today. Not sure why. Nothing was changed Did one of the two dives. I packed up and left while class was in the water for second dive. I was utterly bored while everyone was working on site sketch together. Realized while I love looking at wrecks and reading about their history, measuring and drawing them is a massive bore. Waste of time and money.
It depends on the wreck - our wreck project that we are building up to is 2000 years old and has only ever been dived by three people - measuring and documenting that wreck will be pretty special.

Odd little problem I discovered on my DSV today. Dropped down in shallow water to check everything out. I was getting large bubbles coming out of DSV below mouthpiece, so no dive. It was too hot to try and troubleshoot at quarry. Get home, take unit apart, and discovered I have a small hole from inner barrel that shows in the lever channel when DSV is open. No wonder I had the bubbles! Running to Menard’s shortly to get longer Allen keys. Mine can’t reach even with mouthpiece off.

IMG_2822.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom