Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I'm just a wimp. I wouldn't even consider doing the dives in 3 mil gloves. I have always used dry gloves for temperatures below 50.
You're smart.

I did the first day in 3mm gloves. We hit 44F. I could not feel my fingers for good two days. As I had to dive on the second day, I switched to 5mm XScuba Dry Five gloves. No, they're not dry, but they certainly did the job and felt better. Next year I am bringing dry gloves because running reels when you can't feel your fingers is a royal pain.

Last wreck diving of the season this weekend. Diving out of Alpena, MI on @Tracy’s boat. My knees are greatly looking forward to the lift. 🥰 Not sure about wrecks, but I hope the Grecian is one of them. Last time I was in Alpena in 2018 for my first dive trip. I lived there in 1991-92 as a reporter for the Alpena News, so this is almost like old home weekend.

So, it's back to Mexican cenotes after this? 🇲🇽🏖️🌮
Nope. Had to cancel MX trip. Work sucks right now and I’m looking for something else. I should get some cave diving in this winter at the WI mine.

Absolutely f’ing miserable day. 3ft chop made me so nauseous I didn’t do either dive. And yes, I took Bonine last night and a couple of hours before afternoon charter. Then it poured hard on the way back to the marina and we got totally soaked unloading the boat. Forecast is for more of the same tomorrow. I may not even bother.

I did get to see the lovely laker Alpena, launched in 1942. Second oldest on the US side of the Great Lakes.

IMG_3746.jpeg

Absolutely f’ing miserable day. 3ft chop made me so nauseous I didn’t do either dive. And yes, I took Bonine last night and a couple of hours before afternoon charter. Then it poured hard on the way back to the marina and we got totally soaked unloading the boat. Forecast is for more of the same tomorrow. I may not even bother.

I did get to see the lovely laker Alpena, launched in 1942. Second oldest on the US side of the Great Lakes.

View attachment 802759

Transdermal scopolamine

Today was MUCH better. The tech charter in the am had 4ft chop on the Grecian, so afternoon rec charter stayed in Thunder Bay. We maybe had 1 footers, but they were getting bigger when we got out from the second dive. We did Barge No. 1 (started out life as a wooden railroad car ferry, so it’s huge at about 300ft long) and the Oscar T. Flint, a schooner. No deeper than 45’ today. Water was a balmy 62F. The wetsuit divers were fine today. I was almost hot with my thick undies.

..Water was a balmy 62F.
Sounds like a good dive. How was viz in this later part of the season ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom