Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The straps are a pig to connect with dry gloves. Bungees are so much easier to pull on and they stay in place. Also you can put a Trilobite line cutter under.

Well, that was my experience anyway.
I only dive with dry gloves, lol.
Technique issues more than anything.

Why just don't use two independent bungee loops?
Because you can adjust them if you use one. Two means adjusting two.

You knot the "centre" of the bungee which will stop the bungee pulling through the holes, should one end snap, you're left with the computer dangling on the other.

A picture ...

Single line. Fisherman's bend (i.e. two knots). Middle has a figure 8.

Allows for adjustment if necessary, e.g. if diving in "warm" water (whatever that is). Note the Trilobite which is positioned under the wrist.
Perdix bungees.jpg

Because you can adjust them if you use one. Two means adjusting two.

You knot the "centre" of the bungee which will stop the bungee pulling through the holeso should one end snap, you're left with the computer dangling on the other.

A picture would save a thousand words.
Not that much of a hassle anyway, but I do see your point of knotting it in the middle. Although, it looks like Marrie didn't do it, which makes 2 loops safer in her case.

I forget who asked - I did have two separate bungees on my Perdix. However, it was sized for drysuit, which why you see it almost up to my elbow in the photos from Saturday as I’ve been diving wet. When one bungee came loose, it was then very easy for the entire thing to slip off my arm.

I forget who asked - I did have two separate bungees on my Perdix. However, it was sized for drysuit, which why you see it almost up to my elbow in the photos from Saturday as I’ve been diving wet. When one bungee came loose, it was then very easy for the entire thing to slip off my arm.
Then it's set wrong. One end is fixed, other is sliding. Pull sliding end tight and tuck it under its own tensioned line. It will not move. Works from Rolock rings down to bare arm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom