Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forgot to mention, the diver lift on @Tracy’s boat is effing awesome! He and his wife Lindsay (she was driving the boat today) are very helpful and will assist in any way you need. Their chargers are more expensive, but worth every penny. The diver tank stations are height adjustable, which is fab for us short people.

I didn’t even bother with my heated vest this trip. I had my Fourth Element X-Core vest under DUI DuoTherm 300 (double layer fleece onsie). I’m told yesterday on the EB Allen, it was 42F at 100ft.

I've been considering getting an X-Core to add to my layering when going a bit colder.

Ideally I don't want to have to use my heated vest on the working part of the dive at all and only want to use it on a maximum of medium on deco. But I am getting colder and colder as my dives get longer.

I've been considering getting an X-Core to add to my layering when going a bit colder.

Ideally I don't want to have to use my heated vest on the working part of the dive at all and only want to use it on a maximum of medium on deco. But I am getting colder and colder as my dives get longer.
The X-Core really is worth it, but it’s buoyant, so you maybe need to add a couple of pounds.

Absolutely f’ing miserable day. 3ft chop made me so nauseous I didn’t do either dive.

I was actually really happy with only three footers in September.
The boat is home for the winter. Time for some maintenance and upgrades before next season.

Yesterday was the first time diving OC since FL in December. Felt a little weird at first, but slipping into my SM rig was like putting on a an old, comfortable coat. I dived my 50s as I had good fills in both that I didn’t want to waste (both pairs need VIP over the winter). Last wetsuit dives of the season as it was low 80s yesterday, but maybe only 60 next weekend.
IMG_3860.jpeg

Forgot to mention, the diver lift on @Tracy’s boat is effing awesome! He and his wife Lindsay (she was driving the boat today) are very helpful and will assist in any way you need. Their chargers are more expensive, but worth every penny. The diver tank stations are height adjustable, which is fab for us short people.
What do you mean their chargers are more expensive? Like charging can light and heater batteries there’s a fee? I stick to very little boat diving so maybe there’s something I’m missing

What do you mean their chargers are more expensive? Like charging can light and heater batteries there’s a fee? I stick to very little boat diving so maybe there’s something I’m
Stupid autocorrect on my phone. I meant CHARTERS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom