Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The diver that died solo cave diving at Cow Spring in January was a friend. That’s made me more cautious about soloing on the rebreather since I’m still pretty new. At my local quarry is one thing. Great Lakes wreck diving is another.

Viz on the Cedarville yesterday was 15ft. I’ve done enough low viz diving to know that does not make for a good quarry dive, let alone a huge wreck. I would have called the dive immediately and gone back up.

I didn’t have a good feeling in my gut and I skipped it. Are you actually giving me push back for NOT doing the dive?
Sounds like you made a good decision for all the above reasons - any one of them was a sufficient reason to say nope.

Knees were x-rayed today. Moderate to severe osteoarthritis in both. Treatments TBD with doc. Just got results. So I really am gimpy.🤣 Down 15 lbs now. Doc thinks I’m nuts to cave dive. 😂

Ortho appt in a couple of weeks. Specializes in sports medicine type stuff.
Worked in orthopedics for many years all over the world in Knee reconstruction. If you want some advice next time I see you at the quarry, happy to give some input. There’s some watchouts and not every surgeon is a good one. Having a good one is pretty important.

Ortho appt this morning. Doc is a diver! Warm water and shuddered mightily when he heard I cave dive. Doesn’t like cold water, either. At least has an idea of what dealing with a boat ladder is like. Knees aren’t bone on bone *yet* but I am a candidate for eventual replacement of both. Got a cortisone shot in both this morning and they’re requesting insurance approval for hyaluronic acid gel injections, once a week for five weeks. Can be repeated every six months.

Got a cortisone shot in both this morning and they’re requesting insurance approval for hyaluronic acid gel injections, once a week for five weeks. Can be repeated every six months.
I've heard that the gel injections can be very helpful.

Bet you are going to be amazed what the steroid does.. if you haven't had it before.
Never had anything done to my knees before, so this is a first. I have a high pain tolerance and just pushed through the pain for years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom