Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Broke down and got a 5mm this week. Too damn hot and humid with the drysuit last weekend. Same Henderson as I got last year for full cave (and left in MX), but a size smaller since I’ve lost weight. Only had to chop 3” off the legs this time, not the 7” last time.

Dived the Bitch with 16lbs of lead. Need to take at least 2lbs more off.

Knees feeling much better since the cortisone shot in each knee Tuesday. I can helicopter turn without pain.

I’d forgotten how nice wetsuit diving can be. Less lead, easier to get geared up, and I can pee without gluing something to my nether regions! 🤣😂 Had a nice refreshing nearly hour dive in 69F water.

There’s an instructor I chat with a lot at the quarry. He told his diver mom about me and the Bitch. She makes t-shirts and made this one for me. I was really surprised when he pulled it out of his truck this morning. Had a good laugh. 🤣😂

IMG_3278.jpeg

Knees feeling much better since the silicone shot in each knee Tuesday. I can helicopter turn without pain.
Silicone?? Are you sure? It's normally cortisone (can't do too often as it will cause damage with long term use) or hyaluronic acid gel (can do every 6 months - common brand name is EUFLEXXA). I sure as hell would not inject silicone anywhere in my body!

Silicone?? Are you sure? It's normally cortisone (can't do too often as it will cause damage with long term use) or hyaluronic acid gel (can do every 6 months - common brand name is EUFLEXXA). I sure as hell would not inject silicone anywhere in my body!
Sorry, cortisone. Corrected post.

Great Lakes folks - I don't have dry gloves. Should I bring 3mm or 5mm gloves to GL in Aug?

5mm!

Or best of all, get the dry gloves! You will be seeing temps in the low 40s on the wrecks.

Great Lakes folks - I don't have dry gloves. Should I bring 3mm or 5mm gloves to GL in Aug?
Where in the Great Lakes?

Recreational or tech?

I’ve done 3mm down to 42F but I can handle slightly chilly hands to have dexterity.

5mm probably better

And you spelled Mackinac correctly! Non-MI natives usually screw it up! Can your pronounce it correctly, though? 🤣😂

Recreational or tech?

I’ve done 3mm down to 42F but I can handle slightly chilly hands to have dexterity.

5mm probably better

And you spelled Mackinac correctly! Non-MI natives usually screw it up! Can your pronounce it correctly, though? 🤣😂
Of course, I can. Not being able to pronounce names/places in areas where you're traveling is a major faux pax.

MAC (as in computer) - in - o:

I have a very big battery and a super warm suit. I am thinking 5mm gloves and I'll be good for 5 days. This will be a rec dive but pushing the rec limits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom