becoming a military diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Correct, except for the part on bring back the DRAFT...

We're doing OK without. Thanks just the same.

Correct, except for the part on bring back the DRAFT...

We're doing OK without. Thanks just the same.

I have to wonder, if the draft was brought back, would more people be involved in voting and keeping up on current events. I would think that if husbands and sons were being drafted, that would change some of the persepective of the war.

Unless there's a true threat to America (i.e. the Red Horde on the way over to land on American soil), there's no need for the draft.

Many draftees were unhappy and didn't want to be there. What do you think the morale and esprit de corps would be like to have a bunch of whiners running around all the time doing half-assed jobs? Hell, there are plenty of whiners as it is even with a volunteer force.

Well, I wrote this post about 2 years ago when I was thinking about becoming a military diver. Since then I've made the dream come true. I'm three weeks from graduating the navy's dive school. I'm pretty happy with the decision I've made and I can't wait to go to my next duty station on board the uss frank cable in Guam.
Hooyah deep sea!

Congratulations!!! I hope your dreams continue to come true. I also hope that you continue to enjoy diving. Remember, there's a difference between a profession and recreation! Never lose the "fun" part!!!

My Dad was a Navy WWII pilot, and he never got bored/always loved/had fun flying!

DrDaddy

Well, I wrote this post about 2 years ago when I was thinking about becoming a military diver

I have been thinking and training long and hard about becoming a Navy Diver. I went into the office world after being a division 1 athlete in tip top shape. Realized I am not cut out for civilian life, I am meant to serve my country. People have been calling me a "fish" my entire life because of my love and elation while around water. Seeing that you had this dream and then accomplishment and inspires me. This may have pushed me over the edge to go ahead and drop everything for this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom