Beaver last weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frenchy07

Reaction score
Howdy all......up and going early this morning thought I would let you know how Beaver was on the 9-10th.

Dreary is the only word for it. Rained all day on Sunday, helped by a little wind.

Went down with a group and played buddy for my lady (and new buddy) while she did her OW cert dives. She went through the typical "this sucks", "cold", "heavy" routine but by sunday she was down to just "i'm cold but the fish are fun to play with". She started with the 7mm farmer jane and found out she couldn't move with all that weight (32 lbs) so on dive 2 she went to her 4/3 xcel (26 lbs) and was much happier.

Water sat was a balmy 73 at surface and 70-71 25 ft down for the drills. 1st thermo was at 35 ft and was 63 deg. Sunday with the rain surface temp was 70 am and 71 pm. 25 ft had dropped to 68 and at 35 was at 60 deg.

One member of our group (forever known as the psycho) worked only in his trunks (yep, no wetsuit) until he did his deep work (then only a 7mm jacket and hood). He is a displaced person from alaska and insisted the water was quite to his liking!! His encounter of the weekend was the play time with the infamous prianah blugill that inhibit the area. Let's just say the he now has a pierced nipple.

Tons of bluegill to play with, some strippers (one with a bite out of his back and a couple of big ole cap there to keep you company and make you feel inadequate in your buyoancy skills.

Won't spend much time on vis ad we were all buddyied up doing training and you all know what that does to vis. When you were off from the training area the vis was a pleasant 10-12 foot most of the time. Of course the lack of sun made for a lovely shade of green to look at most of the time.

Had fun, my buddy is now ready to go with me and we can enjoy our quiet time together.

Later and good morning to all
Brian

Weather Saturday all clouds but no rain.
Weather Sunday all rain.

Water temp was 73-71F all the way down to 45' thermocline. Pretty comfortable for the time of year.

Glad to hear of a new lady diver, and a new buddy for you. I know you will enjoy your time together!

Becky

Back
Top Bottom