Beaver Lake DUI Rally tickets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding Nitrox fills, is it still done by only one person? Will it be tougher getting that fill during the rally?

LAST CALL!

If any of you are needing camp space for the Beaver Lake dates, drop me a pm with a contact phone number. I will be getting a site for the weekend (Fri-Sun) and will be able to accomodate a small handfull of folks.

Still no official word from Mike as to if he's going to be stuck working that weekend.

Ok, Mike from Sho-Me Scuba in Springfield will be at the DUI event with his boat. He will ONLY be available on Saturday and is offering 2 tank boat dives for $35 per person. He will most likely be bringing 16 tanks (not including my 2 personals). If you would like to use his service on Saturday, you will need to call his shop between 10am and 5pm prior to Saturday (417) 882-3483 and tell him Stoney suggested you call and get your space reserved as his space is limited.

Don't be surprised if he does not dive since he will have worked the night before and will return to work that same evening. This will give some of you with limited access some boat access opportunity to the bluffs, the platform, the foundations, the drop-off, and the cove with all the goodies.

Looks like it may be in the 40's Saturday, possible 60's on Sunday.

If the weather happens as forecast, myself and Mike may not show for the DUI event. I pulled a similar stunt w/ temps like those this past fall and wound up sick for 2 weeks, so I'm not willing to risk it twice in a year.

Mike will be there IF he has divers wanting to use his service for the $35 for 2 tank boat dives on Saturday. If not, he will remain in Springfield.

I'm going, just booked my room at Super 8. I think my flu will be gone by that time, it's nearly over now so I think things are going to work out.

Say, you'd be in a drysuit so you wouldn't get that cold. Of course camping out might tend to freeze you. I know I'm not risking it by camping, it was bad enough being sick, I don't want a repeat and I know I may not be 100% able to handle the stress of cold and heat during a campout. The diving I can do.

I hope you do make it however, be good to meet.

I almost made it down... maybe next year.

I should be at beaver on mothers day though.

Ok, I heard a final from Mike today. He will not be down Saturday, BUT he will be down on Sunday to catch the warmer weather and possibly dive. He will still offer $35 2 tank boat dives if anyone wants to go on Sunday at Beaver Lake.

I will try to make it down on Saturday to get my dry dive in so I can go out and "play" on Sunday. See some of you there!

Several of us plan to meet up there at around 8:30 or a bit earlier. I'll give you a call in the morning to see where you are.

Be good to see you.

Back
Top Bottom