BC's with "Elevator" Lever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc you should take a look at the profile of the dump valves compared to other s, the i3 has a really low profile that helps reduce drag. I'm impressed when I see the bulky dump valves on some bc's and then see how low the i3 is, literally looks like it's as low as the jacket itself. You need to check one out Doc...

I'm betting that won't happen.

I'm betting that won't happen.

Whoa!!!

You think this is a dealership right? Wrong, I know Doc dives high quality equipment I wasn't introduced to this board yesterday. I make time to read Doc's threads everytime he post.

If Doc happens to bump into someone that owns the i3 he could look at it much closer and see what the heck everyone was talking about.

You literally suprise me, I'm not a sales rep for Seaquest lets get that right. And second, there are people who drive BMW's and Mercedez and wouldn't hesitate to walk over to view a hybrid prius Toyota. Knowledge is power my friend....

Lets not over think on this thread... :wink: You might blow a neuron...

It be interesting to see if they outlast many traditional inflator valves that need rebuilt or replaced on a yearly basis.

I took four pics so all can see how the BC fits while holstered. This give you an idea how she will rest while navigating in open water.

868gmix.jpg

86gtbid.jpg

80v1ox4.jpg

6tp0wt2.jpg

Wow,

I'd be VERY uncomfortable in that rig. To each their own I guess.

Before I switched to a BP/W and doubles, I had a dacor airtrim with the buttons. It worked fine for me at the time with the diving I was doing. The airtrim mechanism worked great, made it really easy to dump air because of the valve on the shoulder and one towards the bottom of the BC.

I changed the style of diving and went with different equipment. IMHO there is nothing wrong with those types of BC's. It's nice to have diverse equipment to choose from to suit everyone's style.

I have a buddy that has the Mares Dragon Fly and it has the Air-Trim thingy.

The only "issue" is that the system (ie removing the inflator and replacing it with pneumatic valves) makes the system dive easily when things are going good, but complicates it under emergency conditions . Which is the exact opposite situation that I want.

Wow,

I'd be VERY uncomfortable in that rig. To each their own I guess.

:D I know what you mean, I see tech divers that look like they are ready to launch for space...

But you know what? I'll probably be that diver in two years.... :14:

I really enjoy seeing all the Dry Suit divers gearing up their equipment even though they don't give me the time of day; it's like they have their own fraternity and I'm not welcomed... :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom