BC's with "Elevator" Lever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say it's a pretty bad fit. Shoulder straps should be at full snug over just a T shirt, it's not leaving as much room as it should for bulkier suits. Ditto the waist. And I've never seen anything even close to the size of those side panels. I refrained from comment until seeing it on a body. After seeing it worn, YUCK!

:D I know what you mean, I see tech divers that look like they are ready to launch for space...

LOL! Well, for most dives a tech diver shouldn't look like they have a lot of gear on them.

I really enjoy seeing all the Dry Suit divers gearing up their equipment even though they don't give me the time of day; it's like they have their own fraternity and I'm not welcomed... :(

This is disturbing. Many of my my dive buddies are still diving wet. We have a great time together. I imagine they are going to be giving me the evil eye now that it's getting cold.. :) Although I am wondering if they are not being "friendly" toward you while they are "hooking up".

Well.....

after all you ARE a new diver... as you said. Gain some experience and then we'll talk.

All I can say, that BC is a contraption! Then I think most stab jackets are overpriced contraptions, too. :)

Whoa!!!

You think this is a dealership right? Wrong, I know Doc dives high quality equipment I wasn't introduced to this board yesterday. I make time to read Doc's threads everytime he post.

If Doc happens to bump into someone that owns the i3 he could look at it much closer and see what the heck everyone was talking about.

You literally suprise me, I'm not a sales rep for Seaquest lets get that right. And second, there are people who drive BMW's and Mercedez and wouldn't hesitate to walk over to view a hybrid prius Toyota. Knowledge is power my friend....

Lets not over think on this thread... :wink: You might blow a neuron...

And I've never seen anything even close to the size of those side panels. I refrained from comment until seeing it on a body. After seeing it worn, YUCK!

Yea, looks like a straight jacket. And with all that, they still only put one tank strap on the thing... What a shame.

:D I know what you mean, I see tech divers that look like they are ready to launch for space...

But you know what? I'll probably be that diver in two years.... :14:

I really enjoy seeing all the Dry Suit divers gearing up their equipment even though they don't give me the time of day; it's like they have their own fraternity and I'm not welcomed... :(

My guess is you will be that hoopty diver in two years with the attitude you now have.

Perhaps drysuit divers don't give you the time of day because you already know everything.

I took four pics so all can see how the BC fits while holstered. This give you an idea how she will rest while navigating in open water.

Mike, I know you think we're picking on you but it's not anything personal. We all come here to show what we're doing and see what others are doing. Understanding other folks gear selection, etc is part of the game.

So that said, I just gotta make a few points and ask some questions:

1.) Is your primary regulator attached/affixed to some sort of clip or something on the BCD?

2.) I'm surprised to see that your camera - that you are worried about losing to the extent that you've affixed a "suicide snap" to your BC to protect it - is ultimately dangling from a piece of string. So if I'm looking at the picture correctly it's D-ring to metal ring, metal ring to nylon strap, nylon strap to female plastic clip, female plastic clip to male plastic clip, male plastic clip to more nylon strap, nylon strap to a piece of string, piece of string to camera body? (I won't even ask why the whole camera contraption is not actually on the d-ring with the aforementioned carabiner...)

3.) Looks like you've got your light attached to a metal ring, which is attached to a coiled retractor/lanyard, which has a clip holding the two ends together, all attached to another clip, which is attached to one of the smaller secondary D-rings, which is attached to a tiny little nylon strap, which is then sewn under one of the seams on the BCD. Sound about right?

Mike - I would happily dive with you any time, and I'm sure we'd have a great time, so don't take this the wrong way, but I think Rube Goldberg would be proud!

Rube Goldberg's "Soup Activated Napkin"
Rube_Goldberg_Self_operating_napkin_18_313.jpg

Mike, I know you think we're picking on you but it's not anything personal. We all come here to show what we're doing and see what others are doing. Understanding other folks gear selection, etc is part of the game.

So that said, I just gotta make a few points and ask some questions:

1.) Is your primary regulator attached/affixed to some sort of clip or something on the BCD?

2.) I'm surprised to see that your camera - that you are worried about losing to the extent that you've affixed a "suicide snap" to your BC to protect it - is ultimately dangling from a piece of string. So if I'm looking at the picture correctly it's D-ring to metal ring, metal ring to nylon strap, nylon strap to female plastic clip, female plastic clip to male plastic clip, male plastic clip to more nylon strap, nylon strap to a piece of string, piece of string to camera body? (I won't even ask why the whole camera contraption is not actually on the d-ring with the aforementioned carabiner...)

3.) Looks like you've got your light attached to a metal ring, which is attached to a coiled retractor/lanyard, which has a clip holding the two ends together, all attached to another clip, which is attached to one of the smaller secondary D-rings, which is attached to a tiny little nylon strap, which is then sewn under one of the seams on the BCD. Sound about right?

Mike - I would happily dive with you any time, and I'm sure we'd have a great time, so don't take this the wrong way, but I think Rube Goldberg would be proud!

Rube Goldberg's "Soup Activated Napkin"

Rube_Goldberg_Self_operating_napkin_18_313.jpg

Hey all,

Please don't get the wrong idea about me... I never said nor will claim that I know everything about diving. I in fact look for the opportunity to talk to others any chance I get.

I'm glad I posted my pictures and many advanced divers have made many comments both negative and positive, mainly negative but hey I learn that way right.

A lot of divers wouldn't post a picture of them in gear at home, why? Becuase of the massive critique they would receive alone.

A lot of divers that attack my setup are in fact divers that pushed me to go tech, nothing against them but they are in a club of their own.

One member accuses me that I know everything so therefore his fraternity brothers, the dry suit divers do not talk to me, gee I'm glad I'm not diving anywhere near his ocean.

I alone made the observation how drysuit divers act at my diving site and in know way am making the assumption that all dry suit divers are obtuse.

I am one of the newest divers on this board with about 11 dives to his name and so far I'm having a great time diving with my current equipment.

What one fails to understand it's your level of comfort.

I would be willing to bet that if I photographed my house my cars, my operating system, my TV, my pets and my wife.

There would be members like the one that said I look like "YUCK", step in to comment about how I'm the marching death sentence in the ocean.

Now I could ask him to post his setup and educate me but I don't see the point of talking to individuals that are subjective and he sounds like he fits this bill.
How judgemental he can be. Well, I guess I won't learn anything positive from him.

I do thank others for taking time to look at my setup and give me suggestions. One individual mentioned they don't give you two strap bands.

You should see the traction that the unit has for the single band, it firmly holds my steel tank down and it's doesn't slide one bit. I have had other bc tank straps not hold their tanks because of bad traction.

Seaquest gives you a traction guard that is quite nice.

Anyway, I don't think I would've made any waves had I entered the world with tech equipment, God knows I had the money to purchase that equipment but I didn't. I went with what has become so controversial in diving.

The deadly death trap BC known as the Killer i3 :rofl3:

My guess is you will be that hoopty diver in two years with the attitude you now have.

Perhaps drysuit divers don't give you the time of day because you already know everything.

Yeah I know everything right... That's why I joined this board to educate divers like yourself....

Gee, I hope I don't think like you when I get to your level of diving, I'm going to scare away new divers...

Anyway, I don't think I would've made any waves had I entered the world with tech equipment...

Don't kid yourself, we'd be busting your b@lls about D-ring placement, surgical tubing vs shock cord, and other such things. Like I said, it's nothing personal.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom