BC's with "Elevator" Lever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh RJP you forgot to mention the failure of my other 2-cent plastic clips holding my i3 in place.

I didn't want to "pile on."

:D

When my camera gives so will my bc clips and then what?

I wouldn't worry about that. Really. I mean what are the odds of all 37 plastic clips and buckles and zipper pulls and knobs and levers and releases and straps and clasps and whatnot all failing at the same time?

:eyebrow:

I didn't want to "pile on."

:D

I wouldn't worry about that. Really. I mean what are the odds of all 37 plastic clips and buckles and zipper pulls and knobs and levers and releases and straps and clasps and whatnot all failing at the same time?

:eyebrow:

RJP,

Any chance you might let us know what type of equipment you dive? I'm very curious... :wink: Any pictures or movies :popcorn: gotta love individuality in divers...

MG

That's his gear in his avatar. :11:

He's a fish...

Oakley's for a mask
Doesn't need fins... his feet are as big as surfboards
Reg? Nah... sips air from that cup

and here's his BC...

Attachments

• rj_wing.gif
    rj_wing.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 136
I'm also the owner of an i3 and what else can I say that hasn't already been stated, she is just an incredible BC? Just take a look at how streamlined she can be:

7wtl7vm.jpg
]

OMG. N

That's his gear in his avatar. :11:

Streamlined though, isn't it? It's got a little plastic plug, and when I pull it out I go down. Haven't figured out what I do to come back up however.

Years back, there was a BC by U.S. Divers - Aqualung that had the toggle feature. This was when power inflate came out, around 1980. My dad and brother were real kind and chipped in and bought me one. That toggle unit was fine, but the rest of the BC was not yet perfected.

I would not want one today. I am conditioned to reach for the button with my left hand. I recently rented a car with the shift selector between the seats. Several times I teached where the selector is on my truck. Nothing there. I would probably do similar while diving.

Here is the push button version. There is a story here but it is complicted. Essentally a friend of mine had one for his friend and it fell over and busted and all of the King's men and all of the King's armies could not put the Humpty Dumpty back together again and so it fell to me. I tried at first to fashion a metal plate but then the metal plate would have been the only solid piece in this plastic POC. So, woe upon me, then, the light of goodness came upon me and luck smiled and I found this POC with a torn bag but complete with the parts I needed to fix the broken one---free! So, I used the plastic pieces from this one to fix the other one and now I have this junker. I could burn it or shoot it, whatever I do it has gotta be good.

DSCF0044.jpg

N

Here is the push button version. There is a story here but it is complicted. Essentally a friend of mine had one for his friend and it fell over and busted and all of the King's men and all of the King's armies could not put the Humpty Dumpty back together again and so it fell to me. I tried at first to fashion a metal plate but then the metal plate would have been the only solid piece in this plastic POC. So, woe upon me, then, the light of goodness came upon me and luck smiled and I found this POC with a torn bag but complete with the parts I needed to fix the broken one---free! So, I used the plastic pieces from this one to fix the other one and now I have this junker. I could burn it or shoot it, whatever I do it has gotta be good.

DSCF0044.jpg

N

Worth noting... it says ExtremE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom