BC - Sea Elite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R A Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
This last weekend I went to a shop just before they were closing. They had a Sea-Elite BC for an unbelievable cost. This may not be the manufacturer name as they were in a hurry to leave, after all it was Saturday.

Has anyone had an experience with this BC?

I am new to diving, and before I spend a fortune with equipment, just want to get acquaintance with the mechanics. Later, I can hopefully purchase better equipment. I don't plan to skip on other items such as regulators. For the time being it will be just some low water practice.

Thanks,
Robert, A Diver

Sea Elite is the "shop brand" for a chain of stores called Divers Supply.

They are manufactured by companies in taiwan (or some other country) that make BC's for other equipment manufacturers.

Here is their current line up of BC's, but they have several discontinued models out there also that aren't on this page
http://www.divers-supply.com/Search...anufacturer=SEA+ELITE&RefineBy_Price=&Search=

Like any other manufacturer, they have several different models of BC's.... from low end to upper end BC's. so not sure what model you saw in the shop. (model name or at least a description, like jacket style or weight integratede, back inflate, etc).

They are a good BC, but nothing fancy, but will do fine for general recreation diving. I've dove with one and know other people who dive with them and have never seen any complaint about them, except maybe from shop owners who bash any brand they don't sell.

Post the model name, or a pic or destription and folks here can give a more detailed answer.

If it's an old "jacket style" without weight integration, then regardless of brand name I'd suggest that you hold off and get one that's weight integrated. But that's just my opinion/preference also, but I think you'll like weight integrated much better than wearing a weight belt.

Or you might prefer a back inflate over the jacket sytle for example.

Back
Top Bottom