BBQ & Dive 8/14/2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, to be honest 8am is pretty optimistic for me too - and I'm probably closer to Leo Carillo than anyone else! :wink: Hey what can I say - I'm not a morning person. I'll drag my arse up really early for a dive boat, but for a day at the beach I'm probably going to want to sleep in a bit. :wink: But I'll try to get there by 9-ish.

New to this site....Names Keith. Would like to join you guys if I can to get some more dive time behind my belt....

hey Keith, i don't have too much dive time under my belt either, maybe we can pair up (if i make it out). i always feel bad diving with the experienced folks with HP120, etc vs my newbie self sucking down an AL80 in no time.

Some of us don't mind diving with newbies, even if it means shortening our own bottom time on a dive. Hey, I remember all the experienced divers who dove with ME as a noob, watching me flail my hands around and silt up the bottom and bounce all over the place and suck through my tanks in record time. We all gotta start somewhere! :D I definitely became a way better diver, way FASTER, due to the experienced divers who took me on as a noob.

Na i just put 8am thats when ill be their. But 9am works lol. Just the tables fill up fast especially if its going to be warm out

hey Keith, i don't have too much dive time under my belt either, maybe we can pair up (if i make it out). i always feel bad diving with the experienced folks with HP120, etc vs my newbie self sucking down an AL80 in no time.

Sounds good!!

HI I am new to diving and new to ScubaBoard. I have a total of 9 dives now! Shouldn't this be in the NoCal section? If can invite myself I will be coming from Long Beach:wink: Maybe I should get a campsite. I would be up for veggies or fruit.

My name is Eileen and I took my OW through Pacific Wilderness in San Pedro. I am still working on AOW but want to get in and dive as much as I can.

HI I am new to diving and new to ScubaBoard. I have a total of 9 dives now! Shouldn't this be in the NoCal section? If can invite myself I will be coming from Long Beach:wink: Maybe I should get a campsite. I would be up for veggies or fruit.

My name is Eileen and I took my OW through Pacific Wilderness in San Pedro. I am still working on AOW but want to get in and dive as much as I can.

Why would this be in the NorCal section? Last time i checked Leo Carrillo is down by malibu in LA county. :p Of course your more then welcome to come along. so far i think its 8 or 9 people. :D So ill put you down for vegies and fruit then :D

Why would this be in the NorCal section? Last time i checked Leo Carrillo is down by malibu in LA county. :p :D

Just kidding - because I'm coming from Long Beach!

I just came across this group and it appears to be what I'm looking for. Since I became certified, I have had difficulty finding a diving buddy and also joining a group locally. I read some of the posts here and I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only noob struggling with this predicament. I'm serious about become a more experienced diver but I realize experienced divers loathe new ones. I'm willing to travel out there and make it to the meet ups; the plane tickets are cheap from Phoenix, and promise to be a fast learner or at the least, serious about learning. If anyone knows a better group for me to join at my level than this one, I appreciate the help. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom