Bay Islands, new C19 Restrictions announced on 3/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There have been a number of Canadians that have been able to leave. I hear there may be another Canadian flight on Thursday

We are still in a holding pattern, may try and move to Roatan...

Hope all have signed in with the SmartTravler program.

Ray

I just got out of Roatan yesterday (Monday) as Sunwing flew in an empty plane to return us to Toronto. My dive shop messaged me Sun night as soon as they heard about the government announcement which was several hour hours earlier than anyone else notified us. Kudos to West Bay Divers.

Some new news (for me).

I have been told that the islands are in lockdown. This means that if we want to go from Utila to Roatan with no currently booked flight, and with a destination, we still cannot just go there.

Fortunately, we are in a great place, so the wait is as good as it can be...

Ray

There have been a number of Canadians that have been able to leave. I hear there may be another Canadian flight on Thursday

We are still in a holding pattern, may try and move to Roatan...

Hope all have signed in with the SmartTravler program.

Ray
I am flying out on Thursday on Air Transat (my scheduled departure). I know 3 people who were able to get on the flight.

Safe travels! There are several Canadians here who are likely to be on that flight.

I am waiting and hoping that American Airlines will do something soon!

Safe travels! There are several Canadians here who are likely to be on that flight.

I am waiting and hoping that American Airlines will do something soon!

Where are you guys staying

Hi Katie,

We are at the Utila Lodge.

As of the time of this post....

Our UAL IAH>RTB on 2 May Saturday has been canceled
It was about 1/4 full, likely that’s the real reason.

They still show this Southbound flight avail for 4 May

AAL shows no flight DFW>RTB on 2 May

If they’re laying off front line staff, they need to hire some internet typists.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom