Blue Manta / White Manta LA - restrictive covid rebooking policy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No they aren’t. Very few boats are running and all Indonesian divers. I’m booked for Xmas 2022 on BM, hope I’ll be able to go.

Are they sailing this January? Booking page seems to show wait lists...but who can get in?
Also, any idea how vaccinations are going there? Are crew likely to be vaccinated or do they quarantine visitors but then you takes your chances on local flights and onboard?
I don’t think they are running. Seven of us were supposed to be on it on Feb 10, 2022. They told us it’s a no go (2 months in advance, on Dec 10, 2021) and rescheduled our trip to Feb 2024.

Any updates on Blue Manta operations or whether future trips are going?
Also, anybody know what they will do if passengers test positive on the boat?
We have a summer booking, lose the deposit if we cancel if it's "possible" to go I assume that means even with quarantine.

Rumors are that all quarantine will be lifted 01 April. The numbers of infected people is growing exponential at the moment. Without a new variant June might be fine again.

Any news on Blue Manta? Is the ship being made ready for trips? Is it running? The web site shows bookings for now....

COVID-19 Travel & Visa Information​

Announcement: White Manta Diving will RESUME our operations from 30th April 2022!​

For more than two years, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the White Manta Diving team has had to suspend our operations in Indonesia. Throughout that time, we have been so thankful for your continued support, kind wishes, & belief that we would return to share amazing diving adventures once again with you. While it has taken much longer than any of us could have expected, we are excited to share that that time is now here. With Indonesia now easing travel & quarantine restrictions to (fully vaccinated) travelers we can now announce as follows:

• Our KM Blue Manta will resume operations from 5th May 2022, in Maumere & Komodo. See her schedules, prices, & availabilities here.
  • Our New White Manta will resume operations from 30th April 2022, in Raja Ampat. See her schedules, prices, & availabilities here.
  • We ARE taking bookings, offering our COVID-19 Booking assurance for all bookings.

Reactions: Dan
Huh. Wonder if that applies if you booked before covid started? Sounds like you have to pay in full, buy plane tickets, then get covid right before the trip to get a deferral.

They were being difficult at first but I rescheduled my Xmas 2020 trip to this Xmas without paying in full.

For our August trip with White Manta to Sangalaki, we need to be in Berau by August 9 in the morning and only Lion Air is available to be there in the afternoon. So, we need to arrive there a day before boarding on the boat.

In addition to that, Lion Air will fly to Berau from Jakarta. I wish they have VoA in Jakarta, instead of only in Bali, so we don’t have to fly to Bali, stay for a night in CHSE approved hotel in Bali, while waiting for our on-arrival PCR test results, then fly to Jakarta at wee hours on the next day to catch the flight to Berau.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom