Bay Islands, new C19 Restrictions announced on 3/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
From an Official pronouncement of governing bodies of Roatán:

.....As of Monday, March 16 at 5:59 PM, people will not be allowed to enter the Municipality by air, sea or any others type of transport coming from the national territory or from abroad.

(for a 7 day period, subject to change)

The previous exceptions for regions such as North America are no longer in effect.

Exits are unimpeded by any regulation.

edited to add-
FOLLOW ON POSTS....VERIFIED FACTS ONLY IF YOU PLEASE

Exits are unimpeded but it’s hard to get off without planes arriving

Exits are unimpeded but it’s hard to get off without planes arriving

There are planes moving people out.

@KatieMac if you need evac assist with some unresolved extenuating issue, PM me, I got peeps.

There are planes moving people out.

@KatieMac if you need evac assist with some unresolved extenuating issue, PM me, I got peeps.
Thanks. I think we’ve got confirmation that our air transit flight that departs Thursday has been cleared to land. So we should be good. We will need more groceries though

As of this morning all nonessential businesses ... yes that includes Dive shops ... are closed.

So several hours later, the closures do NOT include dive shops. Many in West End have opened their doors again

please be ok for June, please be ok for June, please be ok for June...

PLEASE
Let us keep this thread to verified facts exclusively. Not guesses, not Facebook reposts, not what you heard.

Reasoning: It seems that every other thread has gotten political or angry. Stick to Government Statements, or stuff you’ve seen with your own eyes.

Canadian return flights have been a known commodity since early Saturday. Says something positive about those (essentially) charter airlines from Canada.

I am at the time of this post (2000hrs Zulu 16 Mar) unaware of any US Carrier’s plans to repatriate their passengers. Factual information is heartily welcomed here.

Beseeching your chosen god for future dive travel does seem to be appropriate.

Hi All,

My wife and I are on Utila. We have been told that the Roatan airport is closed. That said there was a United flight that got out to Houston this afternoon. We were unable to get seats...

We seem to be getting mixed messages. We heard that all travel air, land, sea was shut down...

As much as we like it here, we would live to get home (Boston). That said, if we are to be stuck this is a good place to be.

To make matters worse, no diving...

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Ray

Hi All,

My wife and I are on Utila. We have been told that the Roatan airport is closed. That said there was a United flight that got out to Houston this afternoon. We were unable to get seats...

We seem to be getting mixed messages. We heard that all travel air, land, sea was shut down...

As much as we like it here, we would live to get home (Boston). That said, if we are to be stuck this is a good place to be.

To make matters worse, no diving...

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Ray

No diving in that place would not be fun. Not a lot to do. Maybe they will rent tanks for you to shore dive.

Back
Top Bottom