Bauer Utilus U1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello!

At least second stage valves are the same as of today (Capitano).
I bought mine from my local Bauer representative.
It is a new product numer, but it will fit U1.
First and third stage valves, I think it is not the same, but still possible that Bauer has them in stock?
Otherwise it is probably possible to modify/change to heads with the new type of valves.

//Micke

1st stage valves are still current, however the discharge valve cover (big nut) is not. 2nd stage valves--same thing. 3rd stage valves...suction is still available, discharge is not. The only way to overcome any of this is to replace the heads with current versions. Although this could be costly and a bit of a challenge in aligning the tubes & the relief valve points. We probably have a manual for this (very old) machine but it's a very skimpy one with no technical info. We also manufacture many of the items to fit this machine. We may also have some remanufactured and used items. Look us up at 330bar.com OR 5000psi.com OR New Parts - Hi-Psi Compressor Parts

I think this compressor is very similar to my k-13. I was told that I would have to replace the 3rd stage head if the outlet valve went. This is the third stage outlet valve with the 6 mm hex stud that you remove from the top of the head. I was able to source the right valve from a nearby Bauer dealer (www.jordair.ca) . I think they are discontinued, but some spares are still kicking around if you look. The first stage valves on my compressor are identical to the second stage ones.

VBK,

As we use similar unit as yours, went through your website with the overhauling of this unit . Really great work ! And to make your own 2n stage head. ,hats off !!!.
On the last picture there your unit is shown filling 21/35, curious as to what oil you are using when mixing ?

Shil

Hello Shil!

Thanks!
Yes, I did not find the secondstage to a resonable price (compared to what I payed for the compressor) so I decided to do my own and I was satisfied with the result.
I use syntetic oil to allow as high as possible temperature before oil degrade. I use what my local store has in stock and it happens to be Anderol 555.
I have mounted two electrical fans to keep the second and third stages temperature as low as possible for compressing trimix or helium. With the fans I meassure about the same temperature with 21/35 as I do with air without fans.

//Micke

VBK,

Thanks for the info , we use Anderol555 also. so if one day we plan to pump nitrox we should be ok. Of course only after adding two fans. !

Shil

micke, been watching your progress on your comp. mine is the same machine and has been running smothe for me for over 10 yrs. i have it torn down with suspect valve problems. pressure buildup was erattic.ive beem trying to locate valves for 2@3 stages. did you replace valves. if so do you have the address of distributer.good job, and thanx for any info, james

Hello!

As said earlier in this thread, secondstage valves are the same today (and first stage valves are the same as second stage), so first and second stage valves can you buy from your local Bauer representative.
Third stage valves I think you have to look for as I think they are osolete now!
Probably you can exchange the third stage head for a newer one.
But try to clean the valves in the ultrasonic cleaner and it might work again!

//Micke

Stingray, did you miss the post below? Also, how about this firm:
August Industries for Bauer Compressors, Davey and Worthington parts and supplies

You didn't say what country but phone calls should turn up something.

I think this compressor is very similar to my k-13. I was told that I would have to replace the 3rd stage head if the outlet valve went. This is the third stage outlet valve with the 6 mm hex stud that you remove from the top of the head. I was able to source the right valve from a nearby Bauer dealer (www.jordair.ca) . I think they are discontinued, but some spares are still kicking around if you look. The first stage valves on my compressor are identical to the second stage ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom