Question Bauer Utilus, Bauer PE100, Coltri MCH-6 or something else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We need a compressor for our boat and have been looking at the Bauer PE100 or Coltri MCH-6, primarily because of the price (around 4000 Euro)
We will probably have max 6 tanks that needs to be filled.
We have now been offered a used Bauer Utilus from 1976 for less than half the price, it has had the motor changed and suposedly runs perfect. Would that be a better choice?
It needs a new filterhouse to live up to ISO standards but thats included in the calculated price (around 1600 Euro)
Or is there a better option to be used on a sailboat to fill maximum 6 bottles?

I had a small bauer prior to my current coltri. IMHO the bauer is better built and parts are easier to get. I still love my coltri but have not needed to work on it since inital build.

Bauer PE100, easy choice.

Bauer are simply higher quality compressors. The Coltri machines are getting better but their small portable units are still very cheap (in both price and quality).

Bauer support and spare parts is also much better world wide.

Don't buy a 50 year old compressor, it's asking for trouble. It's getting much harder to support very old compressors these days as many of the major components are no longer stocked/manufactured.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom