PE100 vs Coltri MCH-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strata5

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Good morning all,

Forgive me if this has been asked already- I searched, but couldn't find anything. I am looking to purchase a compressor for my wife and I. We'll both be doing probably ~100 dives/yr, give or take 30 or so. At the moment, we dive with single AL80s, and at some point may switch to HP100s, or doubles with either.

I am looking at the Bauer PE100 (~$2800) or Coltri MCH-6 (~$2300), both engine driven for portable use at remote sites. Is there a significant difference between the two? Considerations for long term ownership costs/maintenance?

The Bauer Junior II is quite expensive, and buying used isn't something i'm keen on doing, so for now it's down to these two.

Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks!

Do you want a Bauer Oceanus for $3400? Its a better compressor than those two and fills much faster.

This is a very hard question to answer fully in one take.
Of the two choices of brand and model you offer the Bauer PE100 or the Coltri MCH-6 is a difficult call to make.

Look its like being blind drunk and looking across at the last two remaining single girls available.

Do you go for the short fat ugly one or her mother.

Either of your choices will disappoint and the merits of either sadly lacking.
I will however do my best to advise accordingly in many later posts. We will need them to fully
explain the differences and details. Iain

Thanks everyone for your input. I went ahead and picked up an Alkin W31 since the Bauer's were coming in at almost $6k new. Not having confidence in my ability to evaluate a used one from afar, I decided this was the best route for me.

I'm sorry @iain/hsm that does not let you off the hook. Please continue.

I'm sorry @iain/hsm that does not let you off the hook. Please continue.
I would only upset him especially after buying the Alkin. All a bit too late now but I bet he didn't read the manual or the Alkin spare parts price list before he made that purchase. What is it they say buy in haste repent at leisure. LOL

I would only upset him especially after buying the Alkin. All a bit too late now but I bet he didn't read the manual or the Alkin spare parts price list before he made that purchase. What is it they say buy in haste repent at leisure. LOL
I doubt that you'd upset me. I read the manual. The compressor looks to be incredibly simple to work on, so what problems have you experienced with your Alkin?

Reactions: BRT
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom