Bauer Poseidon P91 w/5hp Honda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toyon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have looked at Bauer's sites but this compressor seems to be an older model; I could not find information on it in English. There appears to be another one listed on some Scandinavian language bulletin board.

Does anyone on SB have knowledge to share about this unit? Thanks! :D

I believe you have an 1970's model, 3 cfm, 3200 psi, three stage. I don't know much about them. If you have a hit on the net, you can use a translator. If it is German, I can translate.

Hi,

I'm sitting here looking at a 1982 manual for a Poseidon UNI. I'm not familiar with the P91, but this unit looks like it is similar to a Bauer Varius as the floating piston is cam driven. Do you have a pic of the P91? This manual also has some cartridge replacement info for the P91 showing it to be the next size up from the UNI. If that is the case, your unit may be a version similar to the early U-10/Purus model Bauer.

I had another thought, does the P91 have a round plastic or metal fan cover? If this is the case, it may very well be similar to the older style Purus. A friend has a P90 operations manual (no parts blow up) and it is similar to the old style Bauer Purus. Another thought, does the machine have a belt driven cooling fan? A couple more features have come to mind that may help in identification if it is similar to an old style Purus. Are the cylinders in a "W" configuration? If so, does the right cylinder have the air intake on the valve head?

Better yet, here is a French site that has a picture of an old style Purus.

BAUER PURUS Matériel Sport - Loisir Ardèche

Craig

It is shown on eBay as item number 260198726706 with photos. Your input is invaluable. Thank you for your thoughts on this.

I believe you have an 1970's model, 3 cfm, 3200 psi, three stage. I don't know much about them. If you have a hit on the net, you can use a translator. If it is German, I can translate.

You're right Pescador, the translator button right from the Google search page (searching for Bauer Poseidon P91) did a pretty good job translating the German. It's for sale, but it appears to be in Germany :( so it's geographically undesirable. No pictures of the unit on that post.

Apparently the filtration on this unit is not up to modern standards and the old filter is no longer offered, so whoever buys this will likely want to upgrade the filtration. I am not knowledgable enough to do so. In case anyone else is interested in this compressor, I received this reply back from the seller:

I have inserted my original questions into his reply for clarity, shown here in question and answer format.

Q: What are the dimensions and weight?
A: 24 inches long, 20 inches wide and 18 inches tall. Weight is 100 pounds.

Q: What is the model number?
A: Model is PS1 [He meant P91].

Q: How does air get to the compressor so that the engine exhaust does not mix with the make-up air?
A: It does have 1 inch hose nipple off the air cleaner or you could extend the air cleaner itself.

Q: How many hours are on the unit?
A: This unit appears to have never been used but I am not the original owner so I hesitate as I cannot confirm that statement.

Q: Are any spare parts included?
A: NO spares.

Q: Does it "walk" much in operation?
A: I had it on a stainless steel table and it walked although not violently.

Q: The base looks to be steel. Do you know whether that is powder coated or just painted?
A: The steel bracket is painted.

Q: Does it burn straight gas or premix?
A: Straight gas.

The seller of this compressor relisted it and has dropped $400 off his previous ask. He has it listed with both "make-an-offer" and "buy-it-now" options. Here's the link.

Don't know if you are set on that compressor, but, I saw one on CL that is in CA if you are interested, the link is below.

FYI, no association with the seller, just saw the post.

Bauer Air Compressor

Unit looks very similar to my posiden beleive they use a bauer p3 block parts are available
mine has a built in bauer filter works great will fill a 120 to about 3100 and an hr
it is NOISY and you have to bolt down or it will walk right away. also would suggest
elec motor rather than gas unless your looking for something portable to use on a boat/trailer ect

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom