Bauer Poseidon P91 w/5hp Honda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a warning to the wise. The filtration on that compressor was a "one year wonder", that was taken out of production the next year. It uses 2 small cartridges which you will probably not be able to find, even from Bauer. To my knowledge, it was discontinued due to design problems. The cartridges were set up to allow re-packing, but if the plastic is cracked, your out of luck.

The machine was designed for a max operating pressure of 3600 psi and it was recommended that it only operate to 3200 psi. I'm not sure if that direct drive was a factory job or something Danny Burns put together on his own.

Craig

Cartridge cracks can occur in the plastic side wall due to rapid pressure gradients which occur inside the canister. That is, there is a small air space between the cartridge and canister which experiences a rapid pressure drop. The hypothesis is that dumping the canister causes pressure outside the cartridge to drop more rapidly than inside. This causes the cartridge walls to flex. I ginned up some aluminum cartridges to self pack. It was a no sweat project, kinda fun. I describe this in post #42. Don't know if the thumbnails are accessible.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do...isture-seperator-questions-home-mixing-5.html

Yup you could probably make replacements. The cartridges where about the size of a cigar tube and didn't hold much media. They also where designed with the same idea as the triplex, the moisture would "drain" out of the media.

Craig

I know this is an old thread - but I have manuals & parts lists for 1986 Poseidon UNI and 1984 Poseidon P91 compressors that I could copy and email - jt23456 -AT- gmail -DOT- com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom