Bauer auto-drain solenoid and P31 filter specs needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rolanddiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Good Morning to All,

I 'm about to fit an autodrain to my Bauer Mariner, but the only missing part I have is the solenoid valve. Can any of you please let me know the specs and or mfg and model type of the solenoid? Voltage doesn't matter, but I need the orifice size and Kv value to make sure I get the right one. I don't want to buy the one from Bauer as the price is outrageously high, but rather looking for a susbtitute.

Another question I have is the size of the Bauer P31 filter tower. I'm actually looking for the height and inner and outer diameter of the cylindrical part of it. Thanks in advance. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Very Respectfully

Roland

solenoid.jpeg

Looking for something like this?
The solenoid is NO (Normal Open), the size is G1/2 or 1/2".
Which ACD do you have?

Thanks for your reply. the picture you tried to post is not visible. can you please redo? this is the one i have:
1641902375329.jpeg

So...same one as in my picture. The documentation for the ACD is attached.
This is a solenoid you can use. Choose: NBR 80 Celsius + AC220V + DN15 Normally open

Attachments

• Bauer ACD.pdf
    559.7 KB · Views: 143
thanks for the picture. I can't seem to find the specs of that solenoid, but I will keep looking. It doesn't really matter which series it is from, and my 320 Mariner is also a 4 stage compressor, with 2 separators and a filter tower to drain.

Anybody with the P31 filter tower? Thanks

Roland

Anybody with the P31 filter tower? Thanks

Roland
Be really careful buying a used P31 Filter tower!
The reason these show up occasionally on Ebay is that they have hit 'End of Life' and must be replaced according to Bauer since further use would become unsafe. Kind of like storing old sweaty dynamite in your livingroom. :trainwreck:

Michael

Michael,

Thanks for your reply. I know that after 15 years or a certain amount of cycles it needs to be replaced for safety reasons due to fatigue caused by pressurization and depressurization. I just wanted to know how much bigger it is than the P21 and if it would stick out of the frame on the top too much. New ones cost around 1200Euros +VAT so just wanted to make sure that it fits before making the investment. Thanks again.

Roland

View attachment 699995

Looking for something like this?
The solenoid is NO (Normal Open), the size is G1/2 or 1/2".
Which ACD do you have?
I'm curious why a NO solenoid was selected. I have a NO on my Bauer factory system & it seems like more of a flaw to me than a feature. It drains the stack each time the unit is powered off, which I believe shortens the life of the filter cartridge.

I'm curious why a NO solenoid was selected. I have a NO on my Bauer factory system & it seems like more of a flaw to me than a feature. It drains the stack each time the unit is powered off, which I believe shortens the life of the filter cartridge.
Normal open results in the condensate being drained after the power is shut off.

But, there is a one-way valve going to the filter cartridge and a pressure maintenance valve after the filter cartridge. So the filter cartridge stays pressurised.

Back
Top Bottom