Bauer 3rd stage floating piston/liner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trident00

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am working on a 1996 Poseidon compressor. The 3rd stage is basically Bauer. It has the typical capitano floating piston/liner.
Is there a trick to removing the liner/sleeve? It looks like it just slides in. Does it need to be arbor pressed out or something?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers, Walt

Since noone answered my post, I will respond with what I found. Hopefully this info will be helpful to someone in the future. The piston liner/sleeve is just pressed into the cast part by hand. On mine it had been painted in when a previous owner possibly painted the compressor. A bit of corrosion also made this part tough to remove. I was able to eventually drive it out with an appropriate sized hardwood handle, and a hammer. Once the sleeve was removed, I put the cast part in an ultrasonic cleaner with a simple green solution. I was able to clean it up fairly well, and now the sleeve will push in and out by hand. I will be getting a new piston/liner assembly soon and continuing forward with my project.

Cheers, Walt

Back
Top Bottom