Batteries - Ammonite vs LightMonkey vs Santi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a look at this a while ago. I like separate, so in summer I can just carry my torch, and add a battery and heating for colder water or winter. To some extent the battery weight adds to the negative to offset the bulky heating, so I need to add less lead.
Another alternative is a single battery with interchangeable heads, so you can have a single or double cord. In practical terms, the torch draw is low compared to the heating power draw, so plan for that, then size up and that'll do you for torch as well.
I really rate the SeaYa batteries. Got a friend who works in battery tech, and he was looking at building his own batteries for a cold long project and in the end he just ended up getting the SeaYa ones after he factored in delrin machining costs. They do decent size batteries and interchangeable heads too, single or double cord. The batteries seem pretty durable, we've just had one on a week in Croatia, had it on 3 other weeks away too and it looks barely touched. They have an option to name engrave which is nice too to stop loss on a dive boat.

I'm not affiliated, just impressed with what I've played with so far. Might be worth a look.
Rich

Back
Top Bottom