Bargain Florida diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you can push it back to after June 1 the rates drop pretty drastically... I'll be in Key West the first week of June for just over $150 a night which is about half of what I was seeing just a week or two before...

Folks, what’s the best airport compromise between price and time to get to those areas? If I fly to the closest major airport is it more economical to rent a car there and drive to palm beach, or catch a bus to Palm beach county and then Uber / Lyft in the area? If I’m diving all day I don’t really need a rental car. Are there hotel / dive centers on the water like in Roatan and Cozumel? Thanks
Fly Spirit to FLL

Islamorada, dive with Sea Monkeys, stay at Breezy Palms or Pine and Palms your lower than Key Largo prices and way below Key West prices

Are the key largo area reefs and fish, marine life populations healthier then Cozumel reefs, or about the same from overfishing, white plague and bleaching?

If you can push it back to after June 1 the rates drop pretty drastically... I'll be in Key West the first week of June for just over $150 a night which is about half of what I was seeing just a week or two before...
KOZ is that due to bad weather or why?

Absolutely not. I’ll pay more to a real airline to get there alive and on time. It’s not cheaper after all the bait and switch mandatory add on fees upselling. Plus buying a new flight when Spirit cancels last minute.
We did this only once and our experience was positive. And if you look at the 2019 on-time arrival ratings, Spirit is ranked 5th, ahead of United and American.

Coming from California, the airfares and total trip prices are similar in both Florida and Cozumel Mexico. I was in Coz and Roatan many years ago when the reefs were in great shape. Never dove in Florida. Is there a clear winner now between south Florida and Cozumel dive trips when factoring in prices, and quality and quantity of marine life, reefs? We are fully vaccinated, The Covid travel situation doesn’t bother us, as long as it’s easy to get a walk in Covid test in Cozumel prior to flying back to California? THANKS

We did this only once and our experience was positive. And if you look at the 2019 on-time arrival ratings, Spirit is ranked 5th, ahead of United and American.
Possibly that one year. They are ranked poorly nationally.
The Best and Worst U.S. Airlines of 2020

Our experience is they have no back up planes and no agreements with other airlines. Any issues and they don’t fly that day and don’t put passengers on another companies plane. You are on your own. They don’t cancel early enough to book a flight on a real airline. And it’s not cheaper after all the upselling. Like for water.

KOZ is that due to bad weather or why?

Off season... I guess summer in Florida is too hot for the masses. I've heard there's a bit more wind, but I'll have to report back about conditions after next week!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom