Bare Velocity 2mm combo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It took me a matter of hours to decide which reg to buy. It's taking me weeks to decide on a wetsuit. So here I am again with another question.

Does anybody out there own the Bare Velocity Combo? It is a women's farmer jane with short jacket that apparently is a 2mm suit. Looks ideal. But I can't even find it on the Bare site.

I was thinking that if I got too warm in it diving in 80+ degree water (liveaboard and 2 tank dives to 100 feet in Florida) I could just take the jacket off and maybe even just put on a rash guard to protect my arms from jellyfish and straps.

Any thoughts?

I generally prefer a full suit and layering with a vest as needed.

What you say will work, more or less. remember that the arm openings will be very open on the Jane so your core will enjoy a lot of water exchange, your lower torso and legs will be well protected.

The same is often true when you try to wear the top alone, it is sized to fit your thighs over the Jane and the rest of you accordingly and may be loosy goosey when worn alone. The suit needs to fn closely with sealed openings to do it's job. For the right person with the perfect fit it can work out well.

Id be sure to try the actual garment in all of the intended combos before buying.

I have yet to enjoy the tropics but it's a common lesson to retain 100% coverage by adding a rashguard or skin.

Pete

spectrum:
I generally prefer a full suit and layering with a vest as needed.

What you say will work, more or less. remember that the arm openings will be very open on the Jane so your core will enjoy a lot of water exchange, your lower torso and legs will be well protected.

The same is often true when you try to wear the top alone, it is sized to fit your thighs over the Jane and the rest of you accordingly and may be loosy goosey when worn alone. The suit needs to fn closely with sealed openings to do it's job. For the right person with the perfect fit it can work out well.

Id be sure to try the actual garment in all of the intended combos before buying.

I have yet to enjoy the tropics but it's a common lesson to retain 100% coverage by adding a rashguard or skin.

Pete

The jacket isn't like a shorty, it's a short bolero style one.
I see what you're saying about the water exchange. That might be a plus since I will be using it in 82+ degree water.

Hmmm...I need to think about this some more or I'm going to end up with several suits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom