Bare hooded 7mm Alpine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adding my 2 cents (1.54 US) to this discussion, I also have the 7mm Bare hooded Alpine suit and have used it enough to offer a preliminary impression: it's a great suit. I'll qualify that by saying that their MLS size fits me as close as a custom suit could, adding to my satisfaction. The new location for the zipper certainly makes donning the hood easier but makes removing the wetsuit a team event. The hood came pre-punched with three tiny holes making for an interesting picture if you over-zealously equalize your mask. Water flushing was held to a minimum, and the cool (mid to low 50s) water still felt like a warm bath. I don't seem to be as affected by cold temperatures as some, so YMMV. Again as was mentioned this isn't a drysuit substitute, but considering its low price (and free boots) it was a bargain.

Sean

My suit finally came but I haven't had a chance to try it. I am getting ready for a Florida trip so I will not get a chance to try it until I get back. It fits very well and seems to be made very well. Getting out of it is difficult and is much easier if you have someone to pull it over you shoulders. When it came in, I immediately put it on to see if it fit. At the time I was the only one home and there were times I thought I would not be able to get out of the suit.

I bought mine from diverswholesale.com. They do not show the suit on their web site but if you order an Artic Hooded Suit, they will send you the Alpine. Apparently the Alpine replaces the Artic Hooded suit.

I am somewhat reluctant to recommend diverswholesale. They are certainly a small operation and do not provide many conveniences you might expect from an internet sales organization. They were exceptionally slow about filling the order (almost 2 months though some of that may have been due to Bare's transition from one style to another), they do not provide tracking information or even an Email telling you the order has shipped. They are also almost impossible to get in touch with by phone. I have called two and three times a day for weeks only to get a recorded message that the diverswholesale mail box was full please hang up. They also never responded to any of my Emails. The suit did finally arrive and I am happy with it.

If I had it to do all over again, I think I would pay a few extra bucks and have the LDS order it for me.

Divetank has the old style, not the new one. I was gonna order from divetank or another website for a, Henderson GoldCore 7/5mm but Hendersons aren't that warm. Better go with the Artic.

Divetank has the old style, not the new one. I was gonna order from divetank The Bare Artic or another website for a, Henderson GoldCore 7/5mm but Hendersons aren't that warm. Better go with the Artic. If you turn your neck will water enter through the hood?
Thanks

THE_AXEL:
Divetank has the old style, not the new one. I was gonna order from divetank The Bare Artic or another website for a, Henderson GoldCore 7/5mm but Hendersons aren't that warm. Better go with the Artic. If you turn your neck will water enter through the hood?
Thanks

I purchased mine from divetank almost a month ago and yes it does seem to let in a trickle of water when i turn my head but the suit is still new and not broke in yet......may or may not help once the suit broken in more.

Divetank does indeed have the Alpine suits, or at least they did just over a month ago (Canadian warehouse). They even had my odd size (MLS), a size not commonly offered. It was shipped on a Wednesday and I had it that Friday...so no complaints there. I haven't had a problem yet with water trickling in down the neck when I turn, but it does fit my jaw rather tight.

Sean

sprange:
Divetank does indeed have the Alpine suits, or at least they did just over a month ago (Canadian warehouse). They even had my odd size (MLS), a size not commonly offered. It was shipped on a Wednesday and I had it that Friday...so no complaints there. I haven't had a problem yet with water trickling in down the neck when I turn, but it does fit my jaw rather tight.

Sean

Do you know which one is more comfortable, the Alpine or Artic??? I can't seem to see the Alpine and those 2 websites offered? Anyone got a pic?

Divetank told me they had it in MT, wow that's my size too, wow these guys are fast to respond to e-mails, nice people. They sent me a pic but it won't open.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom