Bare Dry Gloves with Cuff Rings? What's the secret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes the slobber on the o ring and I use the zip wax that came with my bare trilam. I put a little on the outer edge of the glove rings. Then they slide on easy. If not they can be a pain to get on and off.

Ron L.

I've had the gloves now for about a year with all the difficulties listed above including prying them apart with a knife. BUT I will not go back to wet gloves ever !!!!

I hated slobbering on them; I don't have to anymore....

What I found works really well is to first remove the O-ring, and use a wax ( zipper (wet or dry), bee's, ski, or shoe polish - but 100% wax no additives ) on the cuff and glove ring surfaces. I then polish the wax so there are no bump or large pieces left on those surface. Then take the O-ring and add a very thin coat of Latex safe lube ( just about and inexpensive sex lube ) and then polish those. No more slobbering. Drop it in the dirt and get stuff in the o-rings just rinse immediately under water and reapply lube to rings. I've used this combo now for better than 6 months with just re-applying the lube after every 20 dives or so. If you feel the need to lick i would suggest a cherry or chocolate flavor maybe be more enjoyable.

many of my friends laughed and laughed and laughed but I did one of their gloves my way and let them lick/fight with the other. All who I have shown are using this combo or something similar and we laugh now at the flavor people are using ......

if anyone have any other suggestion or see a flaw in what i am doing please let me know.

cheer,

mike

Can you not leave the gloves on the suit, and still get out of the suit without taking them off? What am I missing here? Seems like that way could be easier. Just back your hands out of them?

I have a Bare drysuit as well with the factory installed black cuff rings on it already. Thinking about the Bare dry gloves this season too. Trying to figure out the PITA factor of it all.

I like the simple pull the rubber glove over the rings system.
I have been using this system for a couple years now on my Bare suit and the only time it has leaked is when the glove had a hole in it.

One of my dive buddies pulls the gloves right over the built in cuff rings so all he had to buy is some cheap rubber gloves and some underliners.

I like the simple pull the rubber glove over the rings system.
I have been using this system for a couple years now on my Bare suit and the only time it has leaked is when the glove had a hole in it.

One of my dive buddies pulls the gloves right over the built in cuff rings so all he had to buy is some cheap rubber gloves and some underliners.

Really? Love to know a little more about this...you & your buddy have a Bare suit with the large plastic cuff rings installed (I think they sold me on this b/c you could change the wrist seals on site in case of a rip?) and you both just buy gloves and stretch them OVER the rings? And tension holds them on OK? What gloves are you using? Where are you getting them?

Oh..and tell me more about the liners? Like this: Amazon.com: Black GI Polypropylene Glove Liners: Clothing

or thicker/something else?

Thanks for the info. This is sounding more do-able already!

Back
Top Bottom