Bare Attack vs O'Neil Reactor suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Molecule

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I'm looking to buy a 3mm or 3/2mm wetsuit for warm water diving. I could come up with these two wetsuits which seemed to fit my needs and they are at a same price range; Bare Attack and O'Neil Reactor. I like the appearance of the Reactor, but Bare has a good reputation of their product quality. O'Neil has better product information posted on their website which make me leaned toward to O'Neil. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Personal preference is welcome. :confused:

Actually, the most important feature of a wetsuit is the fit. Check the online size guides for each brand and see which one suits your measurements best. Bare and O'Neill tend to be geared for different body types, so that might make your decision easier.

I bought the bare. I have messed up proportions (long torso and short legs) so the bare fit better than any other vendors that i had a chance to try on. The thing I dont like about the bare was the design of the graphics/color panels, but the fit was so much more comfortable for me that i went with it. My buddy purchased a henderson for fit since he didnt like the bare or o'neils. You should really try them on.

Actually, the most important feature of a wetsuit is the fit. Check the online size guides for each brand and see which one suits your measurements best. Bare and O'Neill tend to be geared for different body types, so that might make your decision easier.

I double checked the size chart from both manufacturer. You are exactly right. Bare should have a better fit to my body. I will get Bare to try on. Thanks a again to drl and ryssyr.

By the way, does O'Neill make a good wetsuit? It's just my curiousity, I'm not familiar with their product.:)

I don't own one myself--they're geared toward the long and lanky body type, which is not mine--but I know several people who have them and like them very much.

By the way, does O'Neill make a good wetsuit? It's just my curiousity, I'm not familiar with their product.:)

I used an Oneill 3/2 Reactor for a while, really liked it. Only gave it up cause after lots of use it got so thin I was getting cold. I would buy another one, long and lanky is my body type and it fit great.

Back
Top Bottom