Bare Arctic hooded vest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyseko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have this vest, zips up front. I cant seem to get the zipper to stay up and it is constantly coming unzipped while diving which is getting annoying to say the least. Anyone have the same problem and figure out a solution? I was going to glue a strip of velcro there or then thought maybe just a safety pin. Curious to see if others had a better fix before I start messing around with glue....

That's the step in with the zipper that runs to the cheek?

I have one of those with maybe 20 dives. I really like it. That and the arctic suit kept me comfy to 50F. I went dry after that so I don't know here it would have hit the wall.

For some reason I had it happen on one dive, at around 30 feet in Newfound lake. Never before or since. It started catching air and my mask got squirrily. We ended up surfacing where I realized the problem. I could only guess that I had the sealing flap in a bad way. If it happens agin I'd be tempted to add a little velcro keeper as you mention.

Pete

Yup, that's the one!

I think I'm going to try some velcro. Same thing today. Unzips down to my neck and it lets in a nice rush of cold. Otherwise I love the suit. I am still diving wet so I cant complain! Two dives today, both @60min at temp @46`. Thats not too bad. Of course the 1.5 xcel and 7mm Scubapro full suits are helping as well!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom