Question Banning.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The deleted posts mentioned there were deleted for a specific, explained reason:

In the beginning divers forum, it's essential that questions are answered clearly. The posts deleted were anything but clear.

Nobody was banned. You can argue about what you think the rules should be for the beginning divers forum, but that's a different discussion. To me this seems like an exceedingly poor example of

when you for example disclose an accurate fact that the industry or sponsors don’t want the readership to know about then you get banned.

as you claimed.

Reasons are given to those whose posts were deleted. Stay on topic and usually all is good.

While we're here.... I can't find the personals section.

I was banned from another diving board years ago for letting a banned member use my login to read the board. I honestly didn't know you couldn't share login info. Never missed it. I don't think it's around any longer because I've never heard its name in years. In fact, getting banned from social media is the best thing that could happen to you. You won't waste your life on what really amounts to cigarette smoking for the mind.

I was banned from another diving board years ago for letting a banned member use my login to read the board. I honestly didn't know you couldn't share login info. Never missed it. I don't think it's around any longer because I've never heard its name in years. In fact, getting banned from social media is the best thing that could happen to you. You won't waste your life on what really amounts to cigarette smoking for the mind.

Cigarette smoking is a very kind and generous analogy for social media. I'd lump it more into meth, black tar heroin, or Fentanyl

i don't get this. i never read the TOS or rules of any forum here, yet haven't been banned or suspended. idk how you guys do it lol
Maybe - just maybe - you're a sensible person.

Just spitballin' here, mind you

I did when I joined. But I get the feeling it has changed since then.
A prudent person would read the updated ToS

I can sum up the ToS in 4 words...

Don't be a dick.

I have openly stated the fact that i do not share my air and I solo dive without redundancy.
Doesn't get much more controversial that that.
Well, there's a lot of diving practices which are noticably more controversial than that.

Personally, I wouldn't dive with you (but that's my choice), but I can't see that your opinions are particularly controversial. I've heard those opinions quite a few times. Just be open about your preferences during the pre-dive chat, and any competent diver should be fine with diving (or not diving) with you

Just in case some readers are lost in the jargon, ToS stands for Terms of Service and there is a link at the bottom of every page:

1665078602488.png

That link will open this page:

Disagreement is fine, just be respectful and explain your reasoning. Try to stay on topic so you don't derail the OP's purpose for posting in the first place. Not too complicated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom