Question Bands For USD Triples

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AFAIK they were designed for the ABS shell, but i recall from an old catalog not having bands, just an harness

Your local fab shop that has 16g SS and a shear,
That's how I make my bands for steel 72's

If you want, shear mild steel first to get length a hole placement, then get SS to make final bands.
Good idea but with triples, I am not sure where I could configure attachment to a BCD...plate or soft....

Firgured you had that all sorted out,

Depending to what you are mounting then to,
Silver solder modified, SS carriage bolt to the center of the band, or use an old school plastic back plate, shorten up the band, and mount on center cylinder, or just mount webbing to manifold/ bands like old school way ..

I can give you drawings to make steel 72 bands or lp 50s for doubles, but for nothing for triples....

Just make spacers for each gap, between the tank, then measure / and assemble the bands,

You tig stainless

Actually Tig is a bit of a pain if you don't jig and back flow it...

I usually 1/6 stick weld the bands,
Easier, Faster, and turns out quite nice... not as nice as tig, but go enough for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom