What Diameter Tanks Will This Manifold Work On...USD solid twin manifold w/J Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are a couple more manifolds:

1. Old-style OMS manifold vs. Sherwood Genesis 300 Br. Double-DIN Isolation manifold.

2. Old-style OMS manifold vs. U.S. Divers Solid-bar, single-outlet, J-valve manifold

ETA: Baby doubles pics added.

rx7diver

Manifolds_202011a.jpeg Manifolds_202211b.jpeg Baby_Doubles_LP45s_202206.jpeg Baby_Doubles_LP50s_202206b.jpeg Baby_Doubles_LP50s_202211.jpeg

Here are a couple more manifolds:

1. Old-style OMS manifold vs. Sherwood Genesis 300 Br. Double-DIN Isolation manifold.

2. Old-style OMS manifold vs. U.S. Divers Solid-bar, single-outlet, J-valve manifold

ETA: Baby doubles pics added.

rx7diver

View attachment 810621 View attachment 810622 View attachment 810624 View attachment 810626 View attachment 810627
Hey, excellent comparisons...do you find that the USD solid/single valve is the standard distance [8.47"] and if not what bands do you believe would work with today's 7.25" Al tanks? Any opinion on strength of manifold vs cylinder weights between an isolator and solid style manifold. What brand bands are you using? Thanks.

Do appreciate the photos...good job.

Ps...yellow hoses on two hose reminds me of my old Voit reg...nice set up!

Hey, excellent comparisons...do you find that the USD solid/single valve is the standard distance [8.47"] and if not what bands do you believe would work with today's 7.25" Al tanks? Any opinion on strength of manifold vs cylinder weights between an isolator and solid style manifold. What brand bands are you using? Thanks.

Do appreciate the photos...good job.

Ps...yellow hoses on two hose reminds me of my old Voit reg...nice set up!

Try again...does anyone use the single valve solid USD bar double manifold [see Rx7's second photo] with twin aluminum 7.25" tanks?

Photo would be great and what brand double bands you used.

Thanks.....

Try again...does anyone use the single valve solid USD bar double manifold [see Rx7's second photo] with twin aluminum 7.25" tanks? ...
@Wallowa,

I purchased my old-style (face O-ring) OMS manifold and OMS bands new, at the same time, c. 1997, IIRC. I originally used them with my Sherwood Genesis (PST, 3,500 psig, 7.25" O.D.) HP100's/120's. I later purchased the 3/4" LP K-valve ends for the manifold, and used the manifold, briefly, with double Luxfer Al 80's.

Okay. When I eventually purchased my U.S. Divers solid-bar, single-outlet, J-valve doubles manifold, I set it up, briefly, on borrowed double Luxfer Al 80's, using my OMS bands. As written above, things seemed to fit, no problem, no surprise given the comparison pic I show above. (I never actually dived this setup, though.)

Hope this helps.

rx7diver

@Wallowa,

I purchased my old-style (face O-ring) OMS manifold and OMS bands new, at the same time, c. 1997, IIRC. I originally used them with my Sherwood Genesis (PST, 3,500 psig, 7.25" O.D.) HP100's/120's. I later purchased the 3/4" LP K-valve ends for the manifold, and used the manifold, briefly, with double Luxfer Al 80's.

Okay. When I eventually purchased my U.S. Divers solid-bar, single-outlet, J-valve doubles manifold, I set it up, briefly, on borrowed double Luxfer Al 80's, using my OMS bands. As written above, things seemed to fit, no problem, no surprise given the comparison pic I show above. (I never actually dived this setup, though.)

Hope this helps.

rx7diver

Rx7[ interesting vehicle I might add]..

Thanks, no idea why I could not get my Al63 Luxfer 7.25" tanks parallel when screwed into that same USD solid center valve manifold....don't wish to go with isolator and two valves [will block off one valve with screw in plug], but at this juncture I may do it rather that keep chasing my tail. Plus still using yokes and not DINs so adapter needed would be needed for isolator [XS Pro isolator] manifold.

I have other single bottles and the old USD triples to use my double hose regs on...will look at finding the OMS bands if available or just stick with Highlands...

Appreciate the help!

Phil

no idea why I could not get my Al63 Luxfer 7.25" tanks parallel when screwed into that same USD solid center valve
Well could be a few things,
Manifold is bent, or make wrong.
Tanks a not straight,
internal threads to tank are not parallel,

Did you try swapping tanks to the other side on the manifold?
If you unthread the tanks abit and see if it becomes parallel, to figure out where the problem is.

Some tank sets need swapping around till they sit where you want them.

Not ideal, but on a solid manifold like that, I would not be as concerned about stressing the manifold, compared to a 3 pc one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom