Question Bands For USD Triples

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the 80's tanks with the plastic/Delrin inserts between tanks and a wrap around and through webbing strap to secure tanks to a BCD strap slot..

Curious how you are using as is..have a pic you could post?

Pity you are so far away..I would offer a helping hand in making them.
From what I gather you have just the OEM spacers. If I recall correctly, there isn't much space between the tanks compared to doubkes or older triple sets (I have and use a set of Rene triples).

From what I gather you have just the OEM spacers. If I recall correctly, there isn't much space between the tanks compared to doubkes or older triple sets (I have and use a set of Rene triples).

yes, when I bought them new they came with two OEM Delrin [?] small spacers [4"?] and a standard weight belt type webbing and cam buckle that was/is threaded through the spacers, around the tanks and through band slots on a stab jacket BCD and tightened with the cam buckle. Not the best arrangement but I have made many many dives with that rig. Now wish to switch triples over to a plate/wing/harness set up. My Navy triple 40s have the original web harness great for two hose regs. Unfortunately with newer triple 30s the valve is on the right hand bottle and nixes my desire to dive them with my RAM.

I just now finally saw photos of the blocks used ["OEM spacers"] you are referring to and my triples only came with two thin Delrin flat plates that insert between the bottles, they have slots through which the webbing passes and then the cam buckle cinches the tanks in place and to the Stab jacket. I want the 2 formed/ molded solid block spacers that fit over the center tank through which the narrower webbing strap passes and with the double mounting holes for a plate/BCD.

Not a clue how the blocks and web fit together or how the webbing is tightened...any explanations?

I do light pressure to give the bit time to bite without overheating and getting blunt, with lubrication to cool

drilling the SS
(Slow speeds, but with high pressure, like a drill press pushing hard.)

I do light pressure to give the bit time to bite without overheating and getting blunt, with lubrication to cool

Depending on The SS type, drill diameter, how its sharpened, etc

That changes how hard you push.
Tiny drill bits need less, obviously,
Sometime they will click, click while they grab at lower speed, they often need less pressure, but enough that the still bite, anything that does not bite, is skating, which dulls the bit.

Higher speeds is usually not the answer,

Lube / coolant is good but will not help it cut if the pressure is not high enough.

Alot if this applys to mild steel as well, but I find on SS it's more noticeable, if your doing it wrong.

Fyi cobalt drills are great for this,
but can be pricey if you keep snapping them.

OK....still wish to purchase the webbing and blocks...but can someone please post photographs of the webbing and blocks off of the tanks to show how they are configured/routed and how they are attached? Still have not found an explanation of routing or attachment.

Thanks in Advance,

Phil

Back
Top Bottom