Question Bands For USD Triples

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out this link,

I bend the ss around the tanks, use steel threaded rod and not SS when pulling everything into position for the first time....

I make a reinforce plate (1/8 -1/4 thick it's in my drawings)
that goes over the overlap and the other side and weld it to the band... welding is best. But if you can't do it some guys just leave it loose and the holes keep everything together... remember the spacers are very important with this design, I use PVC electrical conduit...

Attachments

• TANK BANDS.png
    TANK BANDS.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20210523_171638.jpg
    20210523_171638.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20210512_163750.jpg
    20210512_163750.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220330_081415.jpg
    20220330_081415.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 42
Check out this link,

I bend the ss around the tanks, use steel threaded rod and not SS when pulling everything into position for the first time....

I make a reinforce plate (1/8 -1/4 thick it's in my drawings)
that goes over the overlap and the other side and weld it to the band... welding is best. But if you can't do it some guys just leave it loose and the holes keep everything together... remember the spacers are very important with this design, I use PVC electrical conduit...

Awesome, thank you.

May have to give that a go one of these days.

If you machine, you'll be fine,

Threaded rod with a wrench and cordless impact is doing the bending.
Even when you take them off, the only real bends is beside the reinforcing plate from tighting them up.

Its basically a ring until it gets tighten up.

Emailed Allan...no go on cover for the ABS triples...not a big deal, but with the cover I would have options...I assume Simon is Allan? I had a different email address....

Just realized looking at photos on the forum that the original bands used on the 80's era ABS USD triples look like 2 web straps [2"?] with long spacers between the tanks and an attachment plate [w/two holes for shell attachment] inside the curve on the center bottle. I assume plate is secured by straps

If anyone knows the materials, can diagram the set-up or if anyone with this band set-up that is willing to sell them.. please PM me....definitely in the market for what looks like a very sweet band set-up.

Thanks...Phil

Emailed Allan...no go on cover for the ABS triples...not a big deal, but with the cover I would have options...I assume Simon is Allan? I had a different email address....
There are two others that you can try. Rob w/The Scuba Museum. If he doesn’t have them he may know someone who does in his vast network. Another is Alec Pierce of Alec Pierce Scuba. Try alecatthewindmillranch.com….I believe that is it.
Scott G. Bonser

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom